the fallen motherhood

⊰ chapter twelve ⊱

⊰ chapter twelve ⊱

"Welcome to the Women's Quarter," Sam said dramatically as Adona and Dara followed her inside a big tavern, away from the snow outside. They witnessed and heard the tavern music being played at each corner of the tavern, women dancing for entertainment. No sign of men.

Adona grinned at Dara, "Reminds me of North's women room. Not this crowded though."

"You guys have a northern women's room too?" Sam paused, "Sometimes I wish I was taken to the North instead of Era."

Dara smiled at Sam, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as they walked further inside the tavern, the royal's red hair hidden under the hood as she said, "It was boring. Music was not allowed there. Just the violin sometimes. It was just for royal women. So only Adona and I visited there. It stays empty most of the time."

"We liked our balconies better," Adona caught up with the two girls, "Though I liked Dara's room's balcony a lot more than mine, I could easily get a glimpse of the love bird's morning chattering from my balcony to theirs."

Dara rolled her eyes playfully at Adona's mischievous remark, "Such a sly snake. If we knew you were spying on us, I would never accept Jungkook to be my concubine."

Adona threw back her head and laughed before the three acquired themselves seats at a nearby stall of beers. Sam ordered herself a fruit punch while Dara and Adona drank from their large beer cups. Dara frowned, "The beer isn't good for the prince, Adona."

"I know but," Adona sighed, pushing the beer away after taking a sip, "I needed to wind down a bit."

"You look pale," Dara observed.

"I have been dreaming," Adona sighed, "Of Theon. Of Mama, Paa. I don't know."

"What kind of dreams-,"

"Ladies," Era's voice was low but soothing to the ears as the three heads turned to see the beauty standing before them, her hand occupied with red roses, her eyes eyeing Dara and Sam before bowing her head to Adona, "And royalty. Princess Adona?"

Adona raised her brows before smiling, nodding, "Hello."

"Such an honor to meet you," Era smiled cheekily and then looked at Sam and Dara, "May I sit with you guys?"

"I don't think-," Sam was cut by Dara.

"Sit beside me," Dara's challenging smile sent a wave of fear down Era and Sam's face while Adona sighed with a disappointed length of distress. Dara tilted her head, waiting for the girl to walk around the table to find herself a seat beside Dara. Dara smiled at Era, touching her hair as Era flinched a bit, "You have beautiful hair."

Her lips trembled before stretching into a smile. Era's piercing black eyes looked at Sam's disgusted ice-blue ones, "Sam. Saw you out of Sir Hoseok's chambers last night. Had a great night?"