Chapter 6.

-Margaret-

There is a point in your life when you question what you believe in, what surrounds you makes no sense, the things you are used to bothers you and your mind is not the same as it was last year, yesterday or even an hour ago, that moment shows you're growing up.

I was on the edge an hour ago, thinking that the world was against me, but the universe worked its way to show me I was wrong, again. The things I thought matter today might not matter tomorrow at all, and the only thing I want to do right now is enjoy this late night drive not caring what I'm leaving behind and just looking forward.

Outside the window I see the trees becoming shadows and silhouettes with the gray and pale blue tone of the night while reliving the moments of earlier in my head and how I ended up here, in his car, with him. Going on a random road trip to a vintage diner he says has the best milkshakes in the world, and I can't stop thinking how different I felt tonight with him at the dance floor, so... myself, even thought this was the first time I dance with someone like him. His touch was so gentle and caring like he can solve any problem in the world, for me. Being with him is so comfortable so natural like existing, of course he makes me nervous and shy but that is what makes it so exiting.

I feel his stare but I can't make myself to look at him, so I enjoy his attention and the beautiful landscape outside...

"Margaret, we are here."

When I open my eyes I don't know where I am, it takes a few seconds to remember that I am in James car, he has already gotten out of the car and opened my door, he's on his knee proposal style and resting his arm on the side of the door with his face so close , I have to straight up but it feels like my brain won't send the orders to my body and I want to stare at him this close forever, for a moment I wonder if I'm still dreaming so I blink twice, he laughs and when he does he looks so young, the sound of his laugh is the most beautiful sound in the world; I feel embarrassed but in a cute way.

"Sorry" I smile.

"Stop apologizing, you haven't done anything wrong." His eyebrow is lifted and his gray eyes are serious staring at me like he's lecturing me but his thumb is on my cheek again caressing slowly, the only thing my body seems to be able to do is nod, whiling to accept anything he ask. He stands up never taking his eyes off me and offers me his hand that I gladly take.

The place is nothing like I ever expected, God knows where we are because this place is in heavens garden, not only because it's full of beautiful flowers of every color coming from everywhere with little lights above the grass. I think we are on top of a mountain because I can see New York city far away and The Hampton's right underneath me like I'm above the city in a cloud. Is a diner, yes, a vintage one but that doesn't mean that is ugly or in bad state like the ones you found in the middle of nowhere, It has pink and blue neon lines glowing "Venus Milkshakes" With a heart on the sides, the windows are mirror so I can't figure how inside is. I found myself speechless and I haven't even seen inside. I remember I'm not alone and realized that I have walked to the edge of the garden where a with balcony is; to see the cities. I turned my back but James is nowhere to be seen, in the garden there are tables with candles and couples that I didn't notice before, I walk back to the diner suddenly scared because I can't find James anywhere.

I open the door and my vision blurs out, inside is darker than outside, and the only thing glowing are the neon edges of the tables, the bar and the chairs with the same blue and pink colors, and a few lights glowing fast around the whole place, I can't seem to find the source where they come from but they look like comets. I feel like I'm in outer space, outside in the galaxy and the only thing I'm missing is an astronaut suite, and James of course because I can't seem to find him, this is the most random and beautiful place I have seen in New York and I can't stop feeling so overwhelmed.