CaeJose

"Can you promise me something?"

"Sure, but... JoJo, what's up with you? You've been acting off for a while."

"That doesn't matter. Promise me that, um... You won't... die, right?" Joseph nervously fiddled with his thumbs.

"Oh, geez... Of course I won't. Why would you even ask that, idiot? As much as I hate to say this, we work well as a duo." Caesar chuckled. "I might even keep you, haha!"

The taller boy smiled. "I'm not some pet, Caesarino! Now come on, let's beat those guys!!"

"Yeah..."

. . .

"JoJo? JoJo! Lisa Lisa, where is he??" Caesar worriedly glared at the rising sun. In return, he got a pitiful look. He knew exactly what that means, but he didn't want to believe it.

"Is... Is he...? Did he...?"

"I'm afraid so, Caesar. He's... He's gone."

"He's gone... No, that can't be right!! I promised I won't die, neither can he! I need to find him!"

Speedwagon approached him from behind. "Don't be foolish, Caesar. Your grandfather sacrificed himself, I don't want th–"

"I don't fucking care about my grandfather! I don't care if I die! Joseph stayed with us until now, he will stay forever! He's not dead! I'm going to find him, even if it's the last thing I do!"

With that, he ran off. Where? He didn't know. He'd make sure to check every corner, every pit, to see if JoJo was there.

. . .

You'll find him, Caesar... You'll find him... He's gonna pop out off one of these bushes and say "Heyy, Caesarino! Did ya miss me?" and everything's gonna be fine! Yes... Don't get stressed, Antonio... And when he pops out, you're gonna bring him back and prove the other's wrong... Yeah... That's exactly what's going to happen!

He was in denial, to say the least. They all secretly were. They were thinking the same as Caesar; he's gonna magically appear with a minor injury. He'll be treated, and everything will be fine.

But no, not this time.

. . .

"Haha... I think I'm dying..." Joseph laughed. "But that's okay! Joestar always bounces back..."

Nu-uh, not this time.

"But I'm supposed to save everyone! That's my job..."

Now your job is to be dead.

. . .

It's been two months. And now: the funeral. The funeral with no body. They couldn't find it. Lisa Lisa found Caesar passed out, eyes puffy. She knew he'd been crying for a while. He couldn't attend. He mentally could not prepare himself. Speedwagon offered to stay with him, but he rejected. It's fine, you can go. You were basically his uncle, you should be there, Caesar said.

He was still shook about the whole scenario. Joseph was only nineteen... He was too young. A whole life ahead of him!

Farewell... Joseph Joestar. The end of a legend. The curse was once again fullfiled.

i'm so sorry for this one, but i have a reasoning for it!!! it's the end of this book. i had to represent it somehow, lol. but don't worry, i will write more! there's the josuyasu thing that's getting published (stands) and i'm planning to make a bruabba story :)