chapter two

■  ■  ■  ■

Oct. 30, 1995

Today was the day to put her plan into motion, just a day before one of Stu's infamous Halloween parties; thank you Tatum for the little sympathy of your friend's mental state when suggesting a party. Diya looked over the note she had put together with magazine clippings:

 Diya looked over the note she had put together with magazine clippings:

She wanted to add more but didn't want to give too much away... Billy was unpredictible. He had been since she started eating with the group at the fountain.

3) Befriend R̶a̶n̶d̶y̶ Stu

Thank you, Stu, for access into the group. You're helping her a bunch by being a freindly guy. I mean, as friendly as you can get after getting away with murder. Which is suprisingly friendly.

Her alarm went off next to her before she quickly shut it off. That thing was so annoying sometimes, especially when she woke up before but can't shut it off in advance. She missed her phone, but she did learn that one of her cassettes did have new songs on them. Doja Cat to Lizzo to Coldplay. She carried that tape and her player everywhere with her now. There is another tape that had older songs (about this era and older).

Diya's mother knocked on her door before entering, "You ready? I'll be giving you giving you a ride today before leave for a trip again."

"Aye-aye. Also, my friend's are gonna have a Halloween party tomorrow night. Is it cool if I go?" Even if told no, she would still go.

"Just make sure you're home before it gets too dark."

"Okay, I'll hitch a ride from one of them."

"Unless they drank. I'm not letting you risk. two lives."

"I know."

꧁ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ꧂

"Mrs. Davis?" Diya raised hey hand, catching the attention of her biology teacher. "May I go use the restroom?"

The teacher pointed towards the door, allowing Diya to put on a black sweater and leave. This part was easy in her mind as she held the note in her pocket before stuffing her hair into her hood. She didn't want to be risked if she was seen putting a note into the school psycho's locker; especially if he was the one to see her.

And once she found his locker, which she had to stake out a couple times to actually make sure it was his, she slipped the note in. As soon as she heard the note hit the bottom of the locker, she made her way to the closest restroom to ditch her hoodie -- no evidence, even as minor as her hoodie.

She took a quick, deep breath to steady herself before leaving and making a quick check to make sure no one was near. And when she cleared the hallway she made her way back to class.

And when it hit lunch, she was glad to say that Billy was on the edge of his seat the entire time.

꧁ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ꧂

T

he next day of school wasn't all too exciting but Diya was. This would be the first major party that she would be going to. And a Halloween one at that. So when she got home she immediately put her costume on, ready to party with everyone whilst avoiding rule eleven.

11) Drinking = death

Or even number ten.

10) Keep it in your pants.

But sometimes things don't go as planned. She knew this, but kept the rules her head the entire walk to Stu's (which was actually quite long). And when Stu opened the door, she almost forgot those two rules.

Why did they match costumes? He was Shaggy whilst she was Velma.

"Hey!" He pointed from his chest to her entire body.

She quickly picked her jaw up off the floor before playfully punching his bicep, "You should've told me."

He stuck his tongue out before putting his hand over his mouth, "Like, zoinks, Velma."

Diya used all her might to stay straight on her feet before collecting herself with a smile, "Jinkies, Shaggy."

He laughed, causing her to laugh as well before he allowed her in, "You're the second here, pretty early."

"Well, if I'm not fifteen minutes early, I'm five minutes late."

"Where'd you learn that?"

"I worked at McDonalds in Arizona. It's something they say all the time."

"Well, being early means you got early access to food and drinks. Billy's also here, so talk to him while you you can."

Diya felt her smile waver for just a second at the mention of Billy but gathered herself quickly, "No Casey or Sid yet?"

"No, not quite yet, but I think Billy's just as entertaining," Stu offered. Diya gave him a tight-lipped smile before walking in all the way. It feels so tense in here. Now that she thought about it, Stu looked thankful that she showed up just then.

4.5) Convince Stu to betray Billy overtime

She turned to Stu, "Is it okay if I just talk to you? I feel like Billy doesn't like me."

"Oh, he likes you! He's just cautious of new people. But you can talk with me."

And they talked most of the party -- even after Stu walked in on Casey cheating on him with Steve in his own parents' bed. To say Daya was tramatized would be an understatement. And Stu? He drank bottle after bottle after. Diya tried to ease the drinking, but he would leave and reappear with a new one.

When the party finally started to die down, he finally put a bottle down as only the core group stayed. They planned on watching horror movies the rest of the right. Diya was supposed to go home now but she felt too much like a babysitter to leave the group unattended for the night.

So she stayed the night; only to wake up with Stu out cold and cuddling her on the couch. Everyone had left.

Diya looked down at the boy before playing. with his hair, "You'll be free soon."

■  ■  ■  ■

Sorry for not updating on Friday, kinda forgot. But at the same time next chapter may be delayed as well... Mainly cause I'm not done writing it 🥲😅
I hope you're enjoying anyways!!