chapter four

■ ■ ■ ■

Sep. 26, 1996

Diya sat next to Sidney as they slowly made their way to Sid's huge house on the bus. The longer haired brunette looked out the window and sighed... It was kinda boring. She knew it was about to get REAL interesting soon, but the knowing is boring. And even if it was about to get interesting, she doesn't even know how she'd react to Stu trying to kill her and Sid in the house.

Who would answer the phone?

Her jaw clenched. She would. She would, and she'll have a talk with Billy. He'll be put in holding and she'll distract Stu the night that he's supposed to call Sid at Tatum's house. It'll be fine to give Billy a taste at who really knows everything.

The bus slowly stopped, grabbing the girl's attention before Sidney could get it. The huge house looked beautiful up on its hill... It'll soon turn menacing later tonight.

"Come on, Dee," Sid said. Diya gave a quick nod before gripping the strap of her backpack on her shoulder. She quickly followed Sid off the bus before Sidney started to check her mailbox.

Someone from inside the bus quickly told Sid that they would talk tomorrow before the two teens made their way to the big white and blue house.

"I still can't get over the size of you house," the small teen gaped, for what seemed like the hundredth time since she's been there that year. Sid gave her a smile (and Diya almost fangirled at Neve's smile) before leading Diya into the house.

Once inside, Sid offered Diya a change of clothes, which she declined. No need to possibly get any of her clothes dirty, not when Diya knew how to get blood out of clothes (thank you Dexter and Deadpool). Sid shrugged before changing for herself. She got dressed in a large gray sweater and jeans. They talked for a bit before the house phone rang.

Tatum?

"Hello?" Sid questioned before she smiled, "Hey, Tate. -- So, Diya wants to know if she can sleepover with me tonight at your house? -- So, you're sure she can stay over? -- Uh-huh. It’s just... you know, the police and reporters... it's like déjà vu all over again. -- Thanks, Tatum."

"She said yes?" Diya asked, really hoping she did.

Sid nodded and gave her an almost strained smile, "Yeah. She was excited to have us all over."

Diya jumped up and down, "We can mess with Dewey more."

"You really love doing that." Sid laughed before shaking her head at her friend.

"I know." Diya glanced at Sid... Maybe she could get her to not sleep with Billy when the time came. "Hey, Sid?"

"Hmm?

"How are you and Bill doing? He seems a bit pushy." Sid tensed slightly. It was a sensitive topic. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to."