Begin Again: Chapter One

Please read A/N at the end guys, for the ones who want to read Begin Again.

Danielle's POV

For you to understand why I hate Khalil Anderson, you need to know the story.

My name is Danielle Lynn Carter. In my crew, I'm known as the good girl out of all of them. The only thing 'bad' about me was my mind. Yes, I am a very dirty minded person. But back to the story.

Kilonile, another member of the crew, was excited to go to a club. You see, down here in the Caribbean where we live, you need to be 18 to enter a club and to drink legally. Why do you think we were all different ages and in the same class? We don't have middle school, and Aramani and I skipped second grade and met up with everybody in High School. But, one thing that was kind of terrible, but worked in our favor, if you looked like an adult, they let you in without asking for ID. This is how we'd found ourselves in Tantra, the most high class club there is on the island. We'd gone because Nile's douchebag boyfriend had cheated on her, and she needed to go out and have fun to forget about him. Prior to getting in, we'd immediately gone to the bar, where our friend, Dane, worked. His eyes met mine first, then Nile's as a smirk played out on his lips.

"Well, well, what brings you two beautiful-and underage," He'd said, leaning in so his co-workers didn't hear him. "To Tantra? Are you here to see me?" He'd joked, and the two of us had laughed. Dane was a huge flirt, and I'd happen to know exactly how to push his buttons to get what I wanted. To blatantly put it, Dane had some sort of crush on me, and that, mixed with a few words to further enlarge his ego, was the right combination to take advantage of him.

"Maybe." I said with a smirk, and he smirked back. I stepped closer, and tossed my long, then pink-tipped hair back. I had dyed it blue a week later following 'The Incident' as I'd named it. I then placed a hand on Dane's bicep and rubbed it up and down. I raised an eyebrow.

"Have you been working out?" I asked, feigning curiosity. I heard Kilonile quietly chuckled at my antics, but thankfully, Dane's attention was solely on me at the moment. He grinned.

"Yeah, since I'd graduated, when I'm not working here, I'm at the gym or taking care of my little sister, Clare."

"Wow, how impressive. Dane, can you do me a favor? Can you make a strawberry daiquiri and a piña colada with alcohol for us, please?" I'd asked, tilting my head to the side much like a puppy, and fluttered my eyelashes for a couple seconds. He'd stared at me without answering, and I'd known that I had him there.

"Dane?" I prompted, lifting my hand to his cheek. He blinked, as if suddenly out of a trance. I smiled.

"Y-Y-Yeah, s-sure." He'd said, and I went on my tiptoes to press a lingering kiss on his cheek, before pulling back and grinning.

"Thanks so much, you're the best!" I told him. He just continued staring at nothing in particular, his two fingers holding the spot I'd given him a kiss on. He then shook his head, and said a faint "Yeah, okay." Before turning around to make what I asked. Once he was out of earshot, Kilonile smacked me on my arm.

"You're unbelievable." She'd said, but I knew she was amused.

"How else were we supposed to get drinks? You know as well as I do that the other bartenders would ask for ID, so Kane is the only chance we have." I'd told her.

"Yeah, but did you have to flirt with him like that? The poor guy had no idea what just happened. " She said, nodding at Dane, who still looked dazed as he made the stuff for us. To be honest, I would probably give Dane a shot. He was really cute, a curly headed, light-skinned boy, who was about the same height as Kade. I'd practically have to break my neck to look up at him. The thing is, he was nineteen, and I was sixteen. I'd told myself that eighteen was the furthest I'd go. Maybe I could still give him a shot, I'd mused, looking at him up and done, taking notice of his firm ass before looking away.