Chapter 9: Mission

Jynna kicked the spark with all she had, sending it right into the center of the rift. Mere moments later, the buzzer resonated around the arena, meaning it was finally over. Team 1 was the ultimate victor of this match.

...

...

...

"YEEEAAAHH!" yelled the 1st-year trainees in joy. Ravi, Nathan, Liz, Jynna and Elrin... All 5 of them quickly regrouped and celebrated together.

Then, team 2 sighed in exhaustion and accepted the truth: They had really being bested by the 1st-years. "Jeez... I gotta say I never expected a finale like this one" Idus muttered, getting up slowly as his golden eyes and aura disappeared. "So much for my hard training. In the end, I was defeated..."

"Ah? Are you kidding?" Ravi suddenly asked. "You were amazing! Unlike me... you can use that power of yours without any big blowback! That's simply incredible!"

"Huh?"

"We only won cause this was a match with specific rules, but there's no doubt I would've lost in a real fight!" Ravi clenched his fists firmly, still a bit sore, but with a big smirk on his face. "Just you wait. I'm gonna become even stronger, and then, when I feel ready, I'll challenge you to a real fight! So you better watch out or I'll surpass you!"

Idus was astonished. Once again, Ravi's unique attitude caused some intrigue in him, just like when they had first met. The bluenette had practically challenged him. And in doing so, he had technically called him his rival... A feeling that was, honestly, more than mutual at that point.

"Heh! We'll see about that..." Idus muttered with a grin. "I'm not planning to stay behind... so it's you who should watch out"

The time of the exciting practical exam had finally come to an end. As for the final results... Everyone had passed. Some with better scores than others... but passed nonetheless.

...

...

...

Some time later, at the infirmary...

Ravi laid on one of the beds, his torso uncovered as Leah treated the burns on his back. The bluenette's tough training over the last few weeks had allowed him to use Radiance mode for a way longer period of time. Nevertheless, his body could still suffer the consequences if such time came to an end.

"Kgh! D-damn it... C-can't you be a little gentler?" Ravi asked in childish pain, trembling every time Leah rubbed his injuries.

"I would... if you stopped moving so much" Leah replied while pouting. "Besides... why am I doing this? Shouldn't the nurse do it instead?"

"Yeah, but she left to aid other trainees. Our class wasn't the only one taking exams, you know? That's why I called you!" Ravi added with a smile.

"Mmmh... Well, I guess that makes sense"

Leah continued treating Ravi, moving from burn to burn while making sure they don't end up infected. Of course, this was just a temporary health measure which would last until the healing capsule machine was ready for him to use.

In any case, the huntress suddenly exalted slightly when Ravi twirled sorely. It was something normal, given his current state, but as Leah looked lower and lower, her gaze was caught immediately by the burn Ravi had over his side-belly... The permanent mark he had gotten from the fight with Crota at the Moon.