Chapter 4

Damian felt something pressed against his back side, and terror flooded him. His eyes flew open and he surveyed his surroundings.

He was in Tay's room in his bed. And Tay was in the bed pressed against his back sound asleep. His legs were molded to Damian's, meaning his hips were pressed against his as well. As well as his...

Damian turned onto his back and stared at the ceiling. Tay moved with him, draping his arm across his waist and burying his face in Damain's shoulder. His breath was warm against his neck as it wafted up gently.

He sighed and laid where he was. Tay didn't mean any harm. He helped him when he'd been in trouble and had called his parents when he'd been asleep. Even now, his presence made him feel at ease even though he'd been scared at first.

Tay shifted closer, his head going in his neck. Damian tried to move, but his arm was tight around him. He was caging him in as if he were possessive of him. Tay couldn't be possessive of him because Tay was into women.

"Relax," Tay said. His voice was groggy, but he didn't move. His fingers drummed against Damian's hips. "Your pheromones are going nuts. I don't want to have to fight off any other Alphas in my own home."

Damian swallowed a lump in his throat. He tapped Tay's arm repeatedly.

"Let me up," he said. Tay only tightened it, sending Damian's warning bells off louder in his head. "Tay, please. Tay, let me up!"

Tay sighed and moved, sitting up instead of rolling over. His dark hair was mussed and his eyes drooped with sleep. He leaned against the pillow and crossed his arms. The act made him nearly twice his size.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"You were pressed against me?" Damian posed it as a question to keep the panic from his voice.

Tay rubbed his eyes. "Why? We've done it before."

The other man sighed and tried to get up. Tay put a hand to his arm, stopping him with a gentle squeeze. Damian froze and took a deep breath to steady his nerves.

"Dame, I'd never hurt you. Not without your permission," the owner of the bed said. He trailed his hand down to Damian's, fingers clasping him gently.

"Without my permission?" Those words hung between them. Damian stared at Tay, wide eyes desperate for denial. "What are you talking about?"

Tay withdrew his hand and folded it under the other one. He hated the loon on his friend's face, but he couldn't blame him. After having the worst night of his life, Damian had woken up scared because Tay had acted on instinct and had hugged him in his sleep.

He watched him for a long while before getting out of bed. He left Damian in the room, ambling to the kitchen for coffee. He was beating himself up, and the only thing he could do was separate himself from Damian before he did something.

Damian's terrified pheromones followed him through the house. Tay had to release a burst of his own to push them out before they got the best of him. His instincts were telling him to protect the Omega, but he couldn't if he didn't control his own body.

He never wanted to make Damian feel that way again. He wasn't abusive towards him and for him to feel that meant Tay hadn't done his job as a competent Alpha. They weren't supposed to be scared. They were supposed to be protected.

"Tay?" Damian came around the island as the coffee pot was filling with dark liquid. "What's wrong?"

Tay shook his head. "Nothing's wrong."