Chapter 2

When Alastor opened his eyes again, he was being stared at by odd looking things that turned out to be skeletons.

"Ooh! A new arrival!" one of them exclaimed.

Angel leaned closer to Alastor with a worried frown. "Oh no, he must've fainted. Are you okay?" he asked, placing a gentle hand on Alastor's shoulder.

Alastor slowly sat up with a soft groan, rubbing his head. "Oh... Wha... What happened?" he asked softly, looking around curiously.

"Well, what do you know? We got a breather"

"Ew, he's still soft" a small child skeleton poked Alastor in the ribs with a stick.

Alastor quickly stood on his feet and backed up against the bar.

"A toast! To the newlyweds!" A short skeleton exclaimed, holding up a mug.

"Newlyweds?!" Alastor exclaimed with wide eyes.

Angel smiled brightly and nodded. "Yes, in the woods, you said your vows so perfectly" he held out his skeletal hand, proudly showing the golden wedding ring.

"I did? I did! Wake up, Alastor! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Alastor exclaimed, repeatedly banging his head against the bartop.

"Honey, don't do that, you'll hurt yourself" Angel tried to calm him down.

"Hi! I'm Niftty! I'll be responsible for the wedding feast!" A small female skeleton exclaimed with a wide smile.

A pink worm then popped out of Angel's red and black eye. "Ooh! A wedding feast? I'm starving!" this caused Alastor to gasp in shock

Angel smiled nervously and covered his eye socket. "Heh, worms" he laughed softly.

Poor Alastor was scared half out of his wits, he grabbed the sword sticking out of the small skeleton.

"Keep away! Don't come any closer! I've got a... I've got a... Dwarf.... And I'm not afraid to use him! I need questions, now!" he exclaimed.

"Answers, I think you mean, answers" the small skeleton corrected.

"Answers, yes, thank you. I need answers! What's going on here? Who are you? Where am I?" He asked, quickly looking around the room.

Angel's small smile faded a bit as he looked down at his hands. "Well, that's kind of a long story"

"And what a story it is. A tragic tale of romance, passion and a murder most foul" a tall, spindly skeleton wearing a fedora snapped his bony fingers. "Hit it, boys"

A jazzy, upbeat song began to play.

"Hey! Give me a listen, you corpses of cheer, at least those of you who still got an ear, I'll tell you a story make a skeleton cry of our own Jubiliciously lovely, corpse bride"

"Well, our boy was a beauty, known for miles around, when a mysterious stranger came into town. He was plenty good looking but down on his cash, and our poor little baby, he fell hard and fast. When daddy said no, he just couldn't cope, so our lovers came up with a plan to elope"