Chapter 1: Pedals

The day Ponk realized he had fallen for Sam and knew he wouldn't feel the same way was the day his life was going to be cut short.

Ponk was hanging out with Sam and Fran near L'manburg, he saw the way the light hit his face, how pretty he looked, especially the part creepers eyes, how the sun made his green eyes shine. The calm smile on his best friends face along with how close they were made his chest hurt and his throat itch. Before he could fully process it, he started coughing until something came up, he had to face away from Sam and lift his mask to peel it off, it was a flower petal, specifically a white tulip petal. Sam looked at Ponk with worry in his eyes "Are you okay Ponkie?"

Ponk looked at him after pulling his mask back down and hiding the petal "Yea, just an itchy throat."

Both boys looked at the sun setting, they knew they should both get going before the mobs start spawning despite how nice this was. Ponk was the first to get up and stretch "It's getting late, we should get going."

"Yea, probably a good idea.." Sam got up after him and called Fran over. She came running with her tail wagging, giving kisses to both of the boys and wanting pets. "Want to come over and spend the night?"

"Probably not the best idea, gotta make sure no motherfuckers burn my lemon tree," Ponk looked in the direction of Lemon City.

"Yea, see you later Ponkie," The taller waved and started going home. The South African waved back and went back to Lemon City.

Ponk made sure his tree was okay before going in his home and laid down, he knew he liked Sam, he had for a bit, he also knew Sam's favorite flowers were white tulips, he hadn't eaten any recently, so why was he coughing them up? Almost on cue, he started coughing again, he took his mask off and coughed up some more petals, which fell onto the floor. He was a doctor, he should know what this is, but he didn't. Ponk decided he'd go to Foolish's in the morning, for now he couldn't do anything but sleep and hope this wouldn't continue.