Chapter 2: Finding out

Writers notes: Warning for some bad thoughts, nothing really bad, just thinking their not good enough.
____________________________________

The morning didn't come quick enough, Ponk kept waking up during the night and coughing up petals. He finally gave up on sleeping when the sun started coming up. He tried to eat something, but of course he started started coughing up another petal, which caused him to choke on his food, this was not a good morning. Ponk gave up on eating and started going to the desert.

The heat of the nether did not help at all, he tried to get though it quickly before he could cough up anymore flowers, he was somehow quick enough and got to the desert. Ponk was glad it wasn't late enough in the day where the heat started to kick in there. He went to find Foolish, hoping he would be awake. He got near the demigods house when the coughing started happening again, a bit worse this time though. Not long later he heard footsteps coming up behind him.

"Hey Ponk... are you okay?" Foolish spoke, worry in his voice for his friend.

"I don't know..." Ponk spit the petals into his hand and looked at the totem "Do you know what could be causing this?" He showed him the petals.

Foolish looked in Ponk's hand, and then at him "Yea... I know what it is.." From the tone of his voice, it clearly wasn't good.

"Well, what is it?"

"You might want to sit down.." Foolish lead him inside and to the couch, letting Ponk sit down before sitting next to him. "It's called hanahaki."

"What's that?" Ponk was desperate to know why he was coughing up his best friends favorite flowers.

"It's also known as one sided love, you cough up flowers, either how you're feeling, or the person you loves favorite flower."

"No shit," Ponk mumbled. "What else?"

"There are 3 ways to get rid of it. One, the person you love feels the same way. Two, you get surgery, but you won't love the person anymore, there's also the risk of not being able to love anything ever again... and three..... you die.."

"Oh..." Ponk felt his heart sink, Sam wouldn't feel the same way, and he wasn't ready to die. The surgery was still an option, but he didn't want to not love him or anything again. "What about my other lives? Wouldn't it only take one?"

"No... it would kill you for good Ponk.." Foolish looked at the South African. "You have to tell him."

"He wouldn't feel the same-"

"You don't know that, you have to try or get the surgery." Ponk looked down. "...You don't want the surgery.."

"I don't want to not be able to love anything or anyone again.. and I can't imagine not feeling the way I do for Sam whenever I see him, he makes me feel happy, like there isn't anything wrong in the world... I can't lose that Foolish," The demigod sighed.

"I know, but no one wants you to die, Sam can't lose you.. I can't lose you, you're one of my best friends..."

"How long until I'd.. die?"

"I don't know... maybe a couple months?"

Ponk got up. "Okay... thanks for telling me."

"You have to tell him."

"I can't Foolish! I can't lose him, it'd hurt more than this.."

Foolish sighed. "Just.. please consider it Ponk, for all of us."

Ponk sighed. "Fine... I'll consider it.. I'll see you later."

"See you Ponk.."

Ponk went back to his house, why would Sam ever love him back? He was this amazing guy who was built like a god, so sweet and helpful... and Ponk was just Ponk, a nobody compared to him. He started coughing at the thoughts, this time some leaves came up along with the petals, he knew what his fate would be, he just didn't know how to accept it.