1

"My my, look at you dripping wet from the rain." Yae Miko said while taking a hand towel, wiping the broad shoulders of the 'boy' in front of her. "You should've brought an umbrella given this gloomy weather."

Ayato grabbed her wrist, stopping her from continuing, "Don't." Was all he said.

"What do you mean?" She questioned, "You'll catch a col—"

"Don't...treat me like a kid anymore," his gaze felt determined, "I'm not the 16 year old you used to babysit." He said with his low voice.

It was just the two of them inside Yae's book cafe, under the pouring rain. She smiled and said, "Well you were 15 to be exact, you're birthday hadn't arrived."

Ayato let out a small sigh, "What matters is that I'm 19 now."

"I know." Yae said and she tip toed a bit to dry his hair with the same towel, the boy who used to be shorter than her grew so much in just three years, "I was 19 when I met you, now I'm 22. Time sure does fly."

"For you maybe, I've waited so long." He mumbled, "I wanna hug you right now but I can't risk you getting a cold because of me." He just wanted to rest his head on her shoulders.

"Awww is my little boy feeling down?" She teased him, she started doing it because the annoyed look on his face every time she babied him was so funny to her, and like always, he scrunched his nose and frowned.

"Don't worry," She unzipped her jacket revealing her soaked dress inside, "I actually came here under the rain as well."

Ayato gave a confused look and touched a strand of her hair, "But your hair?"

"Oh I was wearing a helmet, you know that kid near the street I live in? Gorou I think, he gave me a rid—"

"What?" His face darkened like no one had ever seen.