Chapter Twenty-One

It was a quiet night at the Dursley's while Harry and Hollyn were in their new room their aunt and uncle had given them.

Harry was going through the red leather book Hagrid had given them while Hollyn read through her potions book.

In her cage, Hedwig was rattling and squealing to be let out which made Pan join in.

"I can't let you out, Hedwig. I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school." The owl didn't listen and tried to peck at the lock. "Besides, if Uncle Vernon—" Harry wasn't able to finish his statement before Vernon called up.

"Potter's!" He yelled.

Harry and Hollyn exchanged an annoyed look. "Now you've done it."

They walked downstairs and into the kitchen where Aunt Petunia was putting decorations on the cake she had baked for that evening.

"He's in there." She nodded to the living room. "Vernon..."

"I'm warning you both. If you can't control those bloody birds, they'll have to go." He resumed helping Dudley tie his tie.

"But she's bored. If I could only let her out for...an hour or two." Harry requested.

Vernon chuckled. "So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir."

"But we haven't had any messages. From any of our friends. Not one." Harry muttered the last part to himself but Hollyn heard it. "All summer."

"Who would want to be friends with you?" Dudley said and aggressively bumped his shoulder against Harry as he walked by them.

"I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised you since you were babies, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom, purely out of the goodness of our hearts."

"Which should be any minute." Vernon threw his hands up at the reminder of their guests for the night. He waved Petunia and Dudley over. "Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive you will be...?"

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home." She smiled and stood next to the mantle.

"Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?" Vernon turned to his son.

"I'll be waiting to open the door." He answered in a polite voice.

"Excellent." Vernon gave him a thumbs up. They all returned to their smug faces as they turned to the Potter twins. "And you?"

"We'll be in our bedroom, making no noise." Harry answered.

"And pretending we don't exist." Hollyn mumbled with her arms folded.

"Too right, you will. With any luck this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career, and you will not mess it up."

The twins walked upstairs and back to their room. Harry stopped when he opened the door and Hollyn peered over his shoulder to see why he didn't go in.