Chapter 3 ~ Not now Ella!

After a long day of jail a.k.a. school, I could finally go home.
I grabbed my backpack off my seat and rushed out the main entrance of the school.
As soon as my sloppy old sneakers touched the ground outside, a small, cold droplet tickled my forehead. I wiped it off and soon saw some lightning filling the not-so-sunny sky.
I sighed deeply as I walked onto many puddles, the rain pouring down onto me. I felt like this is the exact time for a moody weather, because I am feeling very moody.
Not long after I passed by the gloomy landscape of the school, I heard a familiar voice pop out saying, "Hey! You can't go out in this rain."
Great. It's Adam.
I turned around once again to see Adam running towards me with his face full of concern.
"Let me drive you home," he offered.
"That's okay," I huffed. "I'm fine."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"Well, your face tells me 'No I am not sure!!'"
"Knock it off, Adam!"
I smiled and hit him playfully. He was the first person today to make me smile.
"So? Yes or no?"
I thought of the advantages of letting Adam drive me home. I could sit in his cozy car, listening to some music and texting on my phone. But if I walk home alone, I'll end up looking like a retarded dolphin.
And so I nodded and smiled.
Adam took my hand and escorted me into his car. Adam is kind of a gentleman. He doesn't really like football and yet he loves scented candles. Weird, right? That's what I like about him.
Speaking of scents, his car was filled with a beautiful fragrance of cocoa butter cream. And that is my absolute favourite.
I buckled up my seatbelt and took out my phone to chat with Alice or something. Then Adam kind of smirked and turned the volume of his radio down.
"Found anyone yet?" He asked.
"What do you mean by 'anyone'?" I asked with a perplexed look on my face.
"You know! Boyfriend and girlfriend.."
"No, I don't want and I don't need one.'
"You sure? It looks like you have a very unloved life."
"Adam, please don't ask me about my love life. The only boy I know is you and my dad. Now change the topic."
Adam chuckled and said, "Fine. That means no one can help you in college."
"I can!" I said, kind of annoyed.
"Okay, okay! Don't get so ticked off, missy!"
I beamed happily and I hit him again. As soon as we arrived my house, I opened my door and raced inside. Not because I didn't want to see Adam, but because it was a raining.
Adam waved goodbye as I closed the front door. I plopped my body onto the yucky couch in the living room and muttered, "What a long day."
And so after I spit out those words, my mom started nagging me on my butt.
"Long day, eh? Then go clean your bedroom! After then fold your laundry, then go vacuum the floor! Then help me cook some chicken for dinner."
My mom never really does greet me like "Welcome home!" or "How was school?" She did that when she was a widow back then.
I groaned loudly and slowly dragged my entire body off the couch. As I - slowly - walked up the stairs, I smelled a very strong perfume fragrance. It was strange because it was coming from my room.
Then, I just realized that Ella was quieter than usual. My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets as I raced towards my bedroom door. I grab hold of the doorknob and opened the door screaming, "Ella! What are you doing with my perfume?!"
Ella turned and and flipped her blonde curls off her shoulder. "Using it, duh!"
I stomped towards my vanity. Ella bit her lip and her face was so red it looked like it was going to melt into tomato juice and mess up my very soft carpet. I swiftly grabbed my small perfume bottle and asked, "How many milliliters did you use?"
"Um, I don't know," she said, pouting and staring at my carpet.
"Omg, Ella! Did you use the whole bottle?!"
Ella stared at me and then burst into tears and stomped back into her room. What a drama queen! No wonder the fragrance was so strong. I sighed very loudly and grabbed a worn out cloth from my shelf to wipe off the mess. Since my room still smelled of Sweet Strawberry, I decided not to clean my room. So I just picked up all the dirty clothing on my floor and threw it into the laundry bin near the toilet.
When I went downstairs, mom was already placing her freshly cooked chicken onto the dining table. She glared at me and just shook her head mindlessly. Hey! It's not my fault I used my entire bottle of perfume at once.
---
After dinner, I went back to my room to get ready for bed. Half an hour later, I found myself lying comfortably on my bed with very heavy eyes. I was already dreaming about unicorns when someone was banging my door.
At first, I thought I was just dreaming. Then the second bang came, and I just refused to get out of bed. The third one came, and I groaned and forced myself to turn on my lamp. I opened my door to see Ella holding her Cutie Bear and whining like crazy.
"Sis!" She shouted. "Mom and dad are out to buy some stuff, and I am scared to go to the toilet!" Oh, for Pete's sake, the bathroom was right beside her! "Not now, Ella!" I said, yawning. "It's midnight. I gotta go get some rest."
"But I want to pee!!!"
She bit her lip in a very rude manner and started rolling on the floor, holding her bladder and throwing an epic tantrum. "Sis!!!"
I slammed the door and just went back to sleep. But that little brat was not going to give up. She opened my door and scream from the top of her lungs, "Meanie!!"
Gosh. Kids these days.
"Fine," I muttered under my breath. I grab Ella's hand very tightly and dragged her to the toilet. I looked at the time on my phone, 12:29 am. It was very late. I nearly slept right outside the bathroom. After I heard Ella flush the toilet, she raced back to her bedroom and started singing off-key.
And so that was a very dramatic night.

A/N:-
Heyyy! Sorry I didn't update in a while, I couldn't use my gadgets on schooldays. Hope you are enjoying this so far! Thanks for all the love and support. Thanks for reading, vote, follow and comment your thoughts! :)