Chapter 3: Just Friends

-Mackenzie POV, 3rd Person-

Mackenzie was bored. Really bored.

Which was why he was really excited when he got a text from his best friend, Bluey.

Blue-Berry: [Hey, do you wanna come over to my place?]

Mackenzie immediately started typing a reply.

Kenzie: [sure!]

He might not admit it, but he had had a crush on Bluey for probably about six years. If anyone asked, his face would go scarlet and he'd reply "W-we're just friends".

As if anyone would believe him.

He raced downstairs to ask his dad if he could could have a ride, and he said yes!

Mackenzie hopped into the car, and his dad drove him to Bluey's house.

"Just remember, bud," his dad said before Mackenzie left. "I'll pick you up in a few hours, probably about four or five."

"Okay, dad! See you later!" Mackenzie hopped out and raced to the door, and rang the doorbell. The door was answered by someone he didn't recognize. "Who are you?"

---------------

-Max POV, 3rd Person-

When Max heard the doorbell, they went to answer it and found a young border collie, probably about Bluey's age, standing at the door.

"Who are you?" the collie asked.

"Who wants to know?" Max replied back.

"I asked first."

"Wait. Wait... I think..." Come on... you know this one... Max remembered Bluey telling them about her friends, but which one was this... "I got it! Mackenzie."

"How do you know my name?" Mackenzie asked.

"My sister Bluey told me. I'm Max," they replied.

"Oh, right! I remember when Bluey told me about you."

"One second," Max told him. Turning to the stairs, he shouted up. "Bluey! Your friend is here!"

"Coming!" came Bluey's reply.

A/N: Had some writer's block for that part at the end, wanted to get out a part ASAP, sorry about the awkward ending!

PS. #70 in the Rusty tag already! And that's including things from other universes, like Warriors. I know I haven't done anything with Rusty yet, but we're gonna get Rusjack in the next chapter! (when I get around to having time to write it...fuck school...)