Chapter 3:The Blue Haired Boy

Abhipsha

As soon as the car stopped I jumped out of it to witness the mesmerizing view.

This place is like a dream come true. The ancient marble staircases are meeting at the elevated entry. Only one word comes to my mind to see this Lavish .

The wide double door is made of rustic ceder framing and glass. The glass of the door has sandstorm patterned design. The floor is also made with sand coloured marble. There are two huge golden vases on either side of the door with bronze leaves which reaches almost to the ceiling. The multilayered ceiling has the perfect lighting schemes. Every inch of the entrance has tiny details according to the theme.It is extravagant and beautiful.

As the attendant ushered us to the main hall . Our mouth fell open, everything here is grand. From the dramatic mirror with golden framing above the hearth to the tremendous chandeliers and paintings. Even the small but elaborate features like the fireplace screen and delicate damask upholstery. The high walls were ivory and sage green with golden coffee table and stands.
The floor is covered with pastel coral carpet which has mint detailing.
As I was gawking at each detail excited as a 5year old in a candy shop, I heard the door opposite to us open and in front of us standing a lady in her 60's with brown curtain pixie hair a bottle green polo knitted sweater and relaxed fit camel brown trouser. Her face is adorned by soft gentle eyes and a motherly warm smile.

Josephine: Abby, Cherry my darlings how are you?
She said while tackling both of us in a bear hug .

"We are good auntie". We both said while hugging her back.

As her eyes fell on sleeping Kavya she screamed a little in a hushed voice.
Josephine:  Is this Kavya and is this little man Aakash?" I nodded with a smile.

Aww! Finally my dream of becoming a grandmother is fulfilled. Even though for a little while but I'll enjoy them.

Abby: Don't worry auntie Rosalie will surely fulfill your wish soon.

Josephine: For that she needs to find a husband. But she is too busy climbing mountains.

Cherry: Speaking of Rosalie, where is she these days?

Josephine: Mont Blanc Massif . I thought it was her another childish hobby and she will soon forget this one too , so I didn't say anything and let her do whatever she wanted. But she is not in her 20's anymore, she is in her mid 30's . I don't know when will she stop and start planning for a family.
Anyways enough of my ranting. You guys must be tired , how about I show you your rooms.

We followed her to the hallway which by no means can be called ordinary. It is giving that romantic 18th century European vibe. It has a beige wallpaper with pista green floral pattern on it and golden console tables and crystal chandeliers.
While I was too busy admiring the gorgeousness of the hallway we reached to big double door.

Josephine: (while opening the door) Here this room is for Abby and the kids. Cherry can take the next room to the right.

As I peeked inside the door, I started to contemplate on whether or not to put my dirty feet inside that extraordinary so called room. If I have to describe the room I would say that the relation between form and function seems to dissipate here, instead the decor is an attempt to implement and layer heavy detailed, almost decadent design elements upon one another just for the sake of beauty.

The furniture were brocade and every surface I looked at appears to be gilded. I finally went inside after hesitating a little . There was a sofa kept in the mini hall which was separated with a golden wall which was open from both sides. A beautiful king sized bed with gold and white bedcover was kept by the wall which had a beautiful painting of an old palace.  An ottoman kept at the feet of the bed in front of  which there is a wall mounted television. The room is surrounded by glass window all around from which I could see the Christmas lightings.
The floor had maroon carpet with gold detail.