Chapter 4

Those eyes, those hazel eyes, they hold so much pain in them . As if they hold a story in them and wants to unveil it to me. My heart clenched and there was a dull pain I could feel
I hold the left side of my chest and got up. I realised I was dreaming, then I look around me and saw I was in the bedroom that aunt Josephine has assigned for me. My children are sleeping peacefully beside me. I looked down and saw Cherry crumpled into a ball to accommodate her tall body on the tiny ottoman. She looks so uncomfortable. That ottoman will even be small for Aakash and I have no idea how she managed to sleep there. I got down from the bed head throbbing and feeling nauseated I make my way to Cherry to tell her to go sleep on the bed while I head towards the washroom. There is nothing that a good warm bath cannot fix. As I went inside the washroom which looks more like a gold and crystal treasure room I filled the golden bath tub with warm water and threw in some bath salts and let myself soak in the emollient water.
Slowly all pain in my body released and I dunked my head into the water , when I sat  up and leaned back I was feeling relaxed.
After a while the throbbing head got better and I tried to remember , "what happened last night after I got drunk ". I asked myself. Suddenly my  head started to play all the memories like a tape on rewind pausing and playing here and there .
I saw a pair of hazel eyes looking right into my soul. My heart started thumping loudly. His lips saying goodbye Bulkot .
"Why did you come so late" i said a confused yet amused look on his face.
I am on the top of Eiffel tower looking towards the light then I heard someone singing the song that I saved in a screen recording. This voice I can never forget , it is so familiar as if I have always known this voice from forever , as if I have heard this voice countless times. It had so much pain in it. I couldn't stop myself from humming the last part of the song.
I tried to see who was singing but i couldn't see anything. Then I got distracted by my empty wine bottle and I went to buy a new one.

Another scene flashes in my head . I was looking into those hazel eyes and as if I have finally found that person with whom I can be transparent, with whom I don't need to pretend to be strong or as if I am okay and i said
"Blue Jay !  Why some love stories have tragic ending"
And as if he understands exactly what I was saying , he replied
" Because love stories with the wrong ones always leads to tragic ending.

I shot my eyes open.
Shit! I cursed . I was feeling so embarrassed that I let myself be vulnerable in front of a literal stranger.  How could I act like this.
" Shame on you Abhipsha Banerjee, what are you a girl in her puberty. I scold myself. That poor guy must have thought that I am a mental case.
I drown myself in the bathtub in embarrassment.

Time Skip

Abby sitting on a chair of a cafe head down on the table as if she got punishment in school.
Cherry looks at her and shakes her head and sigh after hearing her story that she remembered after taking bath. Though she did not say everything she told her that she acted all clingy and vulnerable towards a stranger.
Abby could never share everything that is going on with her. She was always secretive. She acts all put together in front of everyone , but Cherry knows if she told her she feels embarrassed that means she is feeling atleast 10times more embarrassed than what she shows.

Cherry: Here, grab a cup of coffee you'll feel better.

Abby: Thank you Cherry. Finally lifting her head from the table . Gosh I can't believe what I did. It's shameful.

Cherry:  You know it's really good to see you do the things I do. I mean , I have only saw you act like your a grandma as far as I can remember.

Abby: Cherry ! You're not helping

Cherry: Relax you are overreacting, besides you are not likely to see him again. Unless ....

Abby: Unless what?