✶ T00 L0NG ✶

>> THIRD PERSON POV

avan and soph woke up in each other arms like always and started going about the day.

as soph was getting ready to leave for work, she asked avan if she remembered about her friends party tonight.

"hey babe, you do remember that you're attending anushka's party, rightttt~?" soph said.

"yes yes, i remember. not like you'll let me skip it either way" avan groaned, eating a piece of her honey drizzled pancakes.

"great! be ready by 8! i'll be off to work now byeeee"

soph worked at, or should i say owned, she owned a flower boutique. everyday as she left her shop, she brought home flowers for avan. soph had chosen gardening as her career as it brought back memories of how she met avan. every time she walked into the boutique, she would stop and look around for a few seconds, thinking about how far she has come. 

her boutique is in fact very successful. the sales are more than above average, which is very impressive since soph didn't have many workers. the store was well decorated and had a nice scent, the flowers looked pretty, it had organized racks and shelves, they offered free doorstep delivery and most importantly, they had a solid business plan and amazing marketing; thanks to the main champ, avan. soph's boutique would've still been in its nugu era if it weren't for avan.

avan didn't have any secret to success, her success was the result of all her hard work. at first, avan wasn't doing that well in business. stocks were dropping, prices had to be reduced, sales went down, coming towards a point near unsuccessful. but avan didn't give up. despite having many loans to pay off, she still continued and never gave up. soon after, her business started rising and is one of the most successful underground businesses. she wasn't afraid of failure; that made her go places and become the rich bitch she is.

TIME SKIP

>> SOPH POV

today is so busy gosh!  soph thought to herself.

i looked at my watch and realized that there was only 10 more minutes until it was 8. shit.

"oh fuck im going to be late!" i said in a panic, as i immediately called for a cab while i grabbed my things, exiting the boutique.

by the time i got home, i saw avan waiting for me, sitting on the couch and playing games on her phone until she noticed my presence.

"where were you?? you weren't even picking up any of my calls." avan worriedly asked.

"im sorry- i lost track of time due to the unexpected rush today- give me 10 mins i'll be ready"

as i ran to my room and opened my closet, i heard avan sigh and mutter something under her breath. as i was already late, i just ignored it and decided to ask her about it later.

i quickly curled my hair and wore a nice shimmery white dress with some jewelry and heels. then i put on some perfume, did my makeup, grabbed my purse and went out to the living room where avan was seated.

"so what do u think?" i asked avan her opinions on my outfit

"you said 10 mins, you took  14 mins 38 seconds and 23 milliseconds" avan replied

i chuckled and said "alright genius, lets go before we become even more late"

TIME SKIP

at the party

>> AVANS POV

"omggg sophieee!!! its been so long! how have u been? oooh~ and who's this fine human with you?" one of her friends, anushka - who's the party host, said as we just entered the party.

ugh not even a minute here and i already want go back to our flat.

i didn't bother hearing what soph was saying and looked around, trying to see if there was anything interesting in this party (other than the alcohol ofc)

and then soph nudged me and whispered "bby please introduce urself"

"avan. nice to meet you." i said as i shook hands with anushka

"nice to finally meet you avan! soph has told me A LOT about you!" anushka replied

"oh has she now?" i tried to act surprised. 

"more than you think" she giggled, "cmon soph everyone's already on the dance floor!"

i watched anushka drag soph somewhere as i sighed again.

great my only company here is gone

why the fuck did she bring me here?? she knows very well i don't know these people and yet she leaves me alone. wow.

i decided to go over to the bar here and have small talk with the barista. maybe that might help me feel less lonely here.

'i think im having too much alcohol'  i thought while i took my 9th shot. i was just minding my own business and drinking until i couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach as i heard a girl asking the barista for some whiskey.

her voice.

she sounded so euphonic.

i have never heard anything more sweeter than that.

so soothing to the ears.

simply hearing the sound of her voice brought a smile to my face.

i could listen to her talk all day.

wow. i can't believe im letting a random strangers voice have a chokehold on me.

i turned to the side, trying to get a view of the girl with the honey voice.

but she already left with her drink a bit back.

damn. was i thinking about her voice for too long? i tried looking around to see where she went, even though i have no clue what she looks like, just knowing that she has a glass of whiskey. as i was look for a girl with whiskey.. i saw something, or should i say someone..

that's when i dropped my glass. leaving it shattered on the floor.

x

any guesses on who's the honey voice girl that ordered whiskey and the person that made avan drop her glass?

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT 🤭