Part 6

Yoongi

I sat at my desk. One of two. I have two offices. One at home and one at my company. I am currently at the one at home. I opt to stay here because it gets way too noisy and distracting at work, no matter how hard I try to concentrate. But, you know, people gotta do their jobs. And if they don't, I would know.

On my desk I have several framed photos of Y/n and Jae Rin, my late aunt and uncle- may they rest in peace- our old cat Zeus- may he also rest in peace- and my boyfriend. I knew I was bisexual since I was twelve. I had snuck out to see the movie Mr and Mrs Smith- I told my parents I was going to a Bible study. It was shockingly easy- with my best friend. It was a great movie and as I was watching it I couldn't help but think 'Damn. Angelina Jolie is hot. But then again, so is Brad Pitt.' I pleasured myself for the first time in the shower that night. I mean, I was twelve.

I never told my parents about my sexuality for obvious reasons, but came out to my best friend two years later. Right afterwards, he came out to me as gay. Brought us closer together.

I am open and proud of my sexuality. I came out to my aunt and uncle- my surrogate parents- when I was sixteen. They were more than accepting. On my desk in my coffee mug I have a rainbow flag and a pink blue and purple flag. One to represent being LGBTQ+ and the other to represent which letter in particular I fit into. I have a matching set at my company.

My parents are the biggest homophobes on the planet. Makes me sick and ashamed to be their son. They're the 'homosexuality is a sin, seek confersion therapy to save your souls!' type. One of my most proudest achievements is opening a half way home for LGBTQ+ youthes. Someplace they can stay and be who they are without dealing with their horrible, homophobic families. My boyfriend works there as a counselor. God, I love him.

My parents now want nothing to do with me, which suits me just fine. I can't fucking stand them. The day after I announced myself as bisexual during a life television interview, my mother called me. Started screaming at me over the phone about how I should be ashamed of myself and that I need to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness and I was no longer her son and blah blah, religious homophobic bullshit, blah blah blah. I had interrupted her and told her I stopped being her son a long time ago and to never call me again before hanging up on her and blocking her number. I had never felt so free.

And then, one thing happened that turned my world upside down. Five years ago today, I get a call from my 11-year-old little cousin telling me that her parents are dead and she and her baby sister are at the police station. Of course I wasted no time, getting in my car and driving like a madman over to the station, where I saw my two girls. Both were unharmed, physically anyway. Y/n was sitting on a chair, a sleeping 1-year-old on her lap. I'll never forget the look on her face. The pain in her eyes. The sorrow. And as I reached her, she looked at me with a sort of desperation as if begging me to tell her this wasn't true and it was just a bad dream she would wake up from soon. I didn't know what else I could do except take them both in my arms and promise I'd be to here for them.

At that point, however, my parents showed up. Apparently the police have called them as they were thier closest living relatives. Those assholes had the audacity to claim I had fallen victim to 'the sin of greed' with all the money I was making but I could see the greed in their eyes as they looked at my littlest cousin. Unlike Y/n, she wasn't born out of wedlock and they were definitely planning on raising her as a god-fearing baptist whether she likes it or not. Another thing I can't stand about them. Religion should be something you choose for yourself, not shoved down your throat by a couple of religious zealots.

They last thing those poor girls needed was to be subjected to that kind of toxicity, so I immediately went to court where I was granted custody. One of the best decisions I ever made.