VII

Three sets of eyes were suddenly on the wizard, one hazel, one steel blue and one glowing.

Sam was confused, in a day he'd been told that Wanda was dead and that there was no possible way that she could be alive. Now she wasn't dead? All by the same person.

Bucky's eyes were stormy, an insight to his state of mind. Anger and confusion crashing into the rocks like ten foot waves.

Monica was furious. Did no one think to tell her that they all thought Wanda was dead!?

"What are you talking about, she's alive?"

"Liar."

"Did you two not think it was important to fill me in that Wanda could be dead!?"

Accusations flew through the air. Granted it wasn't the best place to be having the argument, the middle of the street. It wasn't the worst thing to have happened there though.

"You can't call him a liar" Sam turned to Bucky.

"Why not? That's exactly what he did."

"He just..." No justifications came to his mind.

"Why are you on his side, Sam?"

"Are you forgetting what he did for us? Brought us back from the fucking dead?"

"That shouldn't give him a free pass for every goddamn thing he does wrong!"

"No, but he should have our gratitude. Half the planet owes him their lives."

"Maybe we should-"

"Shut up!" Both of them shouted, pointing. The offending man put his hands up.

"Not just him" Bucky hissed. Rolling his eyes at Sam's silence, he half turned to walk away, then thought different.

"You know what we used to call people who kept secrets?" he turned back to Sam.

No reply.

"The enemy."

With that, he used his flesh hand to resume his previous action of choking the life out of Strange. His feet struck out to kick him in the groin, but he missed. The cloak jumped from the metal arm to the regular one, Bucky squeezed tighter. A little pain was nothing.

Striding to a nearby parked car, he slammed the wizard's body roughly onto the bonnet. The windscreen smashed, glass shards scattering in a million directions. Small fragments cut his face.

Bucky let go of the other man's throat, only to raise his fist, ready to knock his teeth through his skull. A hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"That makes you my enemy" Monica's voice was quiet but dangerous.

When Bucky faced her, her eyes had gone back to their luminous blue as she glared. She threw a punch, her fist glowing the same colour as her eyes.

He caught it, seeing it coming from a mile away but the force and energy from it sent shock waves up his arm, the plates rippling. He looked at her, shocked.

She would've been good to have against Thanos.

Suddenly Sam was between them, blocking Monica before she could throw another punch.

"Get out the way, Sam. You lied too" Monica kept her eyes trained on Bucky.

"Not until you stop...glowing" he said.

"A little help?" Strange held a hand out from where he was still laying on the car.

Bucky scoffed at the plea and walked away, hands shoving deep into his pockets and head shaking.