EPILOUGE

"James!"

The cabin was so far away from that stupid shed. Instead of shouting again, she walked along the little path they'd constructed out of slabs.

Well, she'd made the slabs and he'd done all the heavy lifting.

The sun was beating down, and Wanda hadn't even touched the weather today. That was another thing she found she could do. Not fully control the weather necessarily, but manipulate it.

Her outfit kept her cool, floaty blue trousers, white sandals and tee with a brimmed hat to protect the skin on her face.

The lake set at the front of the cabin was sparkling, the clear blue waters almost transparent in the sunlight. The little fishies she put in there could be visible from the surface. She'd have to walk down later.

Most of the flowers in the plots had bloomed, making the garden look more like a colourful, floral carpet. Lilies, daisies, tulips, roses and sunflowers. Her favourites.

The vegetables were on the other side of the path, still growing. Tomatoes, carrots, peas, lettuce, even some strawberries. She'd had to conjure up all the seeds, there wasn't a store near worth going to.

The luscious green trees surrounding her entire property gave the place a feeling of safety. Thick branches could be penetrated by nothing, millions of leaves dampening any sound. A security blanket.

Those leaves did nothing to dampen the sound of hammering coming from the end of the garden. Why he had insisted on building a shed himself was beyond her when her magic could create literally anything and everything they wanted.

She took a moment to watch, his metal fingers holding the nail while his regular arm did the hammering. That always made her laugh. At some point today, he'd forgone his shirt, now only in a pair of shorts.

"James" she repeated, a lilt in her voice this time.

"Oh hey. I'm almost done the frame, check it out" he gestured to his handiwork.

"Very impressive" she grinned, not at all looking at the shed but instead his impressive physique.

"Is that lemonade?" he asked, looking at the glass she was carrying.

"Might be" she acted coy.

"What do I have to do to get this might be lemonade?" he knew her games, and the playful mischief in his steely eyes gave it away.

"Why don't you come down here and find out?"

James jumped in a heartbeat.

"Careful!" Wanda laughed.

"I'm a super soldier doll, a little jump ain't gonna kill me" he stepped close.

"It better not" she smiled.

He pointed at the lemonade again, reaching for it but she pulled it away, tapping her lips. "This first" she said, "then this."

"Done deal" he said with a cheeky grin and was then melding his lips to hers.

Wanda's free hand landed on his naked chest, nails biting slightly. When they parted, she handed the glass over. He drank it in one.

"You make that?" he asked, looking inside the glass like it would magically refill.

"Mhmm, with our very own lemons" she pointed to the tree about fifty yards from the lake.

James hummed, before dropping the glass and pulling her close in one swift movement. "Not as sweet as you" he kissed her again, felling her smile.