The Destiny Meets Us

"Garam, please talk to us! It's not worth it of you just lock yourself away from us. You're just making things difficult." Her mother knocking in her room door. Her father, who was heartbroken on the situation, can't help but to cry as well. 

"What now, are you gonna accept the offer? It said that they will cover all the expenses and will help you to have a passport, will support your TOPIK." Your sister asked you. The mail was received as the college you've dreamed of, the Philippine Normal University, sent you a congratulatory message.

"Have fun to your first day, Garam-ah! Take care!" Her father shouted from the car as Garam hops off the car on the way to the Seoul School of Performance Arts. "I hope things will go well", his father mumbled as he started the engine and drive off from the school gate.

"Alright, first day. Please I hope this will be just like ordinary first days." You mumbled as you walked to the same school gate. Holding a cup of hot coffee, you were welcomed by the security and warmly welcomed by the school director.

"Mr. Yoo, welcome to the Seoul School of Performance Arts! I am Mr. Park Eun-suk, the Director/Principal of this wonderful school. I've already received your school records from the Philippine National University, and it seems that you really pursue to teach in this school. Why it says so?" The principal, Mr. Park, welcomes you as he is reading the permission form to be a student-teacher.

"First of all Mr. Park, I'm humbled to introduce me from this school. I selected SOPA because it feels right to teach here. South Korea is my dream country to visit to, and I think it would be a perfect opportunity to have a teaching career here." You replied. Mr. Park was amazed in this reply.

"I guess you will have a good years here. Here is your schedule." Mr. Park hands you the schedule card, and instructs you to look for the first teacher on the list.

"School didn't looked like the same anymore." Garam mumbled as she walked alone with her hoodie and a face mask on. She didn't want to attract attention anymore as she was too fed with it. The students around her are just felt pity at her situation. Now that she's not the real culprit, they want to help her. However, the opposite is what Garam felt. 

The slander, the hate she receive is her biggest insecurity to date. Haters making her life miserable everytime she use her Naver account. But in the opposite, there are still supporters of her making the best possible to clean her name. 

"Okay, let's see: room 501, Section 1? Okay, here goes nothing." You knocked on the door, revealing a class of 30 students. The teacher was shocked as she was uninformed at the announcement.

"Oh, hi! Are you the student teacher the director sent here?" The teacher asked as you nodded. "Please introduce yourself first before the students", she added.

"Well, hello guys, I'm Y/N L/N, but you can call me Y/N Yoo as my Korean name. Please take care of me, and I'll be your substitute teacher. Thank you!" You introduced yourself. The awkwardness in the room was real, as the students are just silent, yet excited. But you can't pull your eyes away from a girl who wears hoodie and a mask who is just silent and lifeless.

After a day of class, Garam is just lifeless. She can't say it, but it wasn't like the days of pre-debut with Le Sserafim. Right now, she just wanted to fade away. Away from the people who turned against her. But not her bestfriend, Yudimi.

"Garam-ah! Yah! Don't walk too fast, wait for me!" She shouted as Garam just walking briskly fast. Yudimi is just pissed on her bestfriend, but she understands what is in her mind.

"Yah" Yudimi then ran past at her, and stopped Garam at her tracks. "You know, I feel like you need some bibimbap to cheer you up, shall we?" Then Yudimi dragged Garam to a bibimbap store where they enjoy a hot meal. Coincidentally, you are also inside the shop, causing her to flinch a bit.

"Oh, hi Garam-ah. Please don't mind me eating here. If you want to eat with me, I'll more than welcome you." You offered. The two of them then ordered their own bibimbap of their choice, and sat on your spot.

"H-hi Y/N-saengnim. I would want to say w-welcome to SOPA. P-please be comfort-table with the students around the s-school." Garam spoke. Yudimi who was clueless on what's happening, keeps eating.

"So you mean Garam that this guy is your teacher? He's young and-" Yudimi replied on that manner but you cut her off.

"Actually, I am just a student-teacher for 2 years. And I am blushed that I am eating with my bias." You replied, making Garam smiled a bit.

"Ya, I'm not an idol anymore, Y/N-saengnim. Please don't say the word bias anymore." Garam replied. 

"Ani, still. I am still your fan, and your defenders in social media. So please, grab this an opportunity that your fan is your teacher", you replied. Drinking a glass of hot chocolate, you tidied your area, waving the girls that you are now leaving. 

"It's all on me today, okay? Please walk to your respective homes safely", you stand up, giving the girls 15,000 won for the food. But the girls politely refused. You understand them, so you give the 1/3 of it for your part.

"Again, please take care outside! Bye!" You replied, walking out of the shop and to your home.

"Such a polite guy. But I really thank him for making you comfortable while eating. In the last days, you don't really want to eat outside." Yudimi spoke as the two of them are walking to their homes. 

"I'm puzzled, how does he know me? And he said 'I am your fan'? Is he really telling the truth, or is he just joking?" Garam asked her. She don't want to admit, but she want you to know more but she don't know how to ask.

Upon reaching the house, Garam went straight to her room, leaving her door unlocked. After 10 minutes, her mother entered the door. 

"Garam-ah did you have fun in the school?" Her mom asked. She was just sat on her bed, causing Garam to sit also.

"Nothing eomma, but there was a student-teacher wants me to become his friend. He's soft-spoken, a good and calm guy." Garam replied. Her mother was just silent, and happy, because Garam found a friend outside her age.

"You know, if he is really concerned for you, take the opportunity. Don't let it slip, and don't let the friendship go. What if he can make you smile again? You need friends again Garam-ah, you really need it." Her mother replied.

Garam can't help but to think. But she will have it a shot, although it will be a difficult one for her.

A/N: Hello, author here. The first chapter is now done. Updates will be hiccup-ey but I'll do my best to make it better. Thank you!

- JJH