An Unlapsed Connection

Days turns into weeks.

Weeks turns into months.

Months turns into 2 and a half years.

After that night, I decided to stood up for her. She is the definition of a treasure. She is the person you really shown her development.

Ever since she left altogether in the idol industry, she embark on a silent, yet happy life outside of it. And I was the one who witnessed that glow-up. 

I can say, we really formed a bond that will never break for the mere future.

Or so I thought.

Me and Garam was exposed in a Pannchoa article saying "FORMER LE SSERAFIM MEMBER KIM GARAM HAS A RELATIONSHIP WITH A COLLEGE STUDENT A QUARTER OF HER AGE?"

And the comments were so harsh I was nearly crucified to death.

"Garam flings with her seniors? What a slut."

"Garam must've want that slut life, isn't she?"

"What do you expect for an idol who has a double-life before debuting? Good thing she left the group, I don't want to see her perform again."

"Nah, she didn't!"

All of the comments are infuriating, and too much for a young girl like her. You need to stand up and defend her, like what you always did in the past. And yes, you did it, as you quote tweet the post:

"As much as I read the replies, it would be the best time to clean her name once and for all:

I am Y/N Yoo, her "boyfriend". Quarterback for the Seoul National U and a law student. For the last years, I was judged for siding with the person you guys crucified and spat a lot of shit on her face. I will not accept apologies for you guys, first things first. But ever since this came along the way you came up this fucking allegations against her because she became an idol, then siding with her bitch crying ass, yes Eunseo, you are a bitch crying ass! +

YOU DESTROYED A LIFE OF A TEENAGER, YOU GUYS DESTROYED HER FUTURE, AND YOU DESTROYED HER LIFE IN GENERAL! I WILL RETURN WITH ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN THE REPLIES MOCKING HER BECAUSE I WILL, AND I WILL SUE ALL OF YOU! ALL OF YOU, INCLUDING THOSE BIG TIME SPAZZERS WHO ALSO DESTROYED HER LIFE!"

After I put all of my anger in the tweet, I posted it, and leave my phone, just in time to have fun with Garam.

Reading those quoted tweets supporting my side (as supported by my pics with her in a mask), I felt like there are still people who are still believed that she is innocent. Yet the other side, those haters to didn't stop from crucifying, and telling her to kill herself definitely hurts to see. However, I don't want to be distracted by the fact that she is now back in her feet, still fighting in life.

Currently, you and Garam are currently away from Seoul, along with her parents in a trip back to her hometown. While the both of you are travelling, she put her head on your shoulder, snoring in the process. Admiring her sleeping beauty, you took out your phone and silently record her while she's sleeping.

"You're really cute", you muttered.

Arriving on her hometown, the both of you excused themselves to a local restaurant. Walking to the entrance, an old lady welcomes the young lady to her arms like she was missing for a long time.

"It's been a long time, ahjumma! I missed you!" Garam spoke. The old lady only hugged her tight as she held back her tear from flowing free.

"Who is this young man, Garam? He looks like a good man for you, sweetie", the old lady asked, pointing her finger to me. In an attempt to save me from more embarrassment, I introduced myself.

"Good morning ahjumma, I'm Y/N Yoo, Garam's male bestfriend." I replied, reaching her hand for a bless.

"Ya , what are you doing? What kind of greeting is that?" she asked, looking at me weirdly.

"Ah, that was the way how Filipinos greet someone elderly. We bow, but we reach their hands and put it in our foreheads. It is a sign of respect for the elders, as I am reenacting", I replied. She didn't mad at that point, but instead she was amused by the manner of greeting.

"How sweet it was, Y/N. Now, Garam can you lead your friend side so that the both of you eat something?" she replied. Garam then hold my hand, and enter the restaurant, which is so traditionally built, the surroundings are so ambient.

Handing out the ramen, the both of you chow down the contents of the soup. Knowing Garam is a "ramen expert", she chow down her ramyeon with ease, as you are in a pain, as the spice of the broth makes it difficult to consume.

She can't help but laugh, but knowingly you can't eat spicy food well, she offered to share your ramen so that yours will be done too.

"Well oppa, do you enjoy the ramyeon?" she asked. Only if she didn't help to eat the remaining soup, you are already passed out due to the spiciness.

"I can't help it, but that was a strong, spicy one", you replied. You both get up and went to the counter to pay the food, but the old lady insisted that it's on them for Garam is like their granddaughter too. Leaving the ramen house, the two of you decided to go for a small walk into the old kingdom city walls and to the palace.

Admiring the architecture and the preserved history, Garam masterfully introduced you to the ancient palace and it's ruins. She then took out her phone, take a photo of you, then hide her phone quickly before you managed to see it.

After some time, the both of you head back to her home, which her parents lived before. It was not aged in the test of time and it was beautiful.

Looking back on the events that you both faced in the last two years: the backlash from the students, Knetz dragging you too to the mud for associating with her, until the recent Pannchoa posts, the both of you endured every single obstacle. But the last thing you need to ask her is if she is ready to fly again. Spread her wings, and fly gracefully to the sky.

In the patio, Garam looks to the sky, admiring the silence of the province as she moved back in he hometown, seeing the people who supported her, trusted her and believed on her during pre-debut days, it felt surreal for her. Until the allegations, slanders and cyberbullying she faced mainly on Naver and Twitter, swarming everyone with boos and harsh words, she silently sobbed, holding back the emotions for the past 2 years she left the K-pop world, she felt that everything is silent. Return to the darkness she wants ran away before.

"Garam?" you asked, as you stepped out of the house, seeing her seating in the patio. "I know it's hard for you to say goodbye the life of an idol, but this? This silent life will only make you better. No sasaengs, no akgaes and no antis slandering you and making bad jokes on you." you added. Shw would just nod and sigh as she looked deeply into the night sky.

"I hope they really understand how much emotional damage I went to before they speak harsh words against me, and understand how I tried to protect my bestfriend. But for now, I thank you Y/N for making me strong for the past 2 years. I hope we still be best friends until the end of time, and I will sorely miss you when you go to America to play NCAA football."