Unwanted - Rei Sakuma

I'm feeling more inspired these days I don't really know why...

Thank you for like 100+ views! My goal is to actually reach 1k or more 😋

My writing style has probably changed and this oneshot fanfic is the proof fr!!

~~~~~
"The genius Rei Sakuma and the useless unwanted childhood friend, me. All I just want was to be loved by him or anyone. To be appreciated."

CHAPTER 0 - Backstory

I always admired people that could socialize and help others. In my case, I have troubles with interacting with others. My parents tried so hard to find out what was wrong with me and it took a lot of their money. All of my therapists so far have told us that there wasn't anything wrong with me and I just need courage. Eventually, my parents gave up on me and stopped caring for me. Afterall, I am the unwanted child who wasted all their money.

It was a sunny and warm Saturday morning in June. I just got out of my therapy appointment and somehow got lost walking back home. Earlier that day, my parents told me to walk myself home since I'm a big and mature kid now. Of course, this was a sign that they're starting not to care for me.

In the corner of my eye, I spot a what seemed to be a bright blue house that almost looked like mine. Except in my neighborhood, there's trees everywhere. I decided to take a shortcut within the forest, I mean just follow the path right? 10-year old me?

I found myself somewhere deep in the forest with my pink & blue backpack that still looks untouched, but my clothes were messy it was full of dirt, and I brushed it off.

"Hey, are you lost?"
A boy my age appears on the window by a nearby house. Why didn't I see that before? I should've knocked and asked for help.

I was gonna speak but I have socializing issues so I couldn't actually speak to him. I tried to do what my therapist said. 1, 2, 3, breathe in breathe out. It was so stupid doing this, I talk like I'm not scared of people but in reality I stutter and sometimes cry whenever spoken to. Courage. That's all I need to say one word.

"Ah, you're the kid with the speaking problem, right?"
(Speaking problem? He must be wrong! I have a people problem!)
Exactly what I thought that day, until I found out from this genius that I actually had a speaking problem. He was better than my therapists for sure.

"You must be wondering what I meant by that, right? Well, come inside and then I'll tell you."
He unlocks the door and signals me to come in. Strangely enough, he stands next to the shadow of the door purposely avoiding the sunlight.

As stupid as I was, I came inside out of curiosity.

"Why, they say curiosity killed the cat, I can't believe you actually went in!"
I gave him a sad and disappointed look. Hoping for him to identify himself and help me understand myself better.

"Thank you for entrusting me, my name is Sakuma Rei. I read somewhere in a book that about a condition often mistook as a social problem. I'm pretty sure you have a mental disorder called, "stuttering". It means that you struggle to say words and have difficulty speaking."

I looked at him confused because he was speaking too many big words for someone my age.

"Anyways, let me point to you where you should be going. Come back here tomorrow if you'd like more answers."
He smiled at me and proceeded to show me back to where the path was. Then, everyday at a specific hour I would go seek outside and talk with Rei. I learned about his life and I sometimes say simple words like "yes", "okay", "no" or simply responding to him by nodding my head. I also learned that he has a condition that doesn't allow him to touch the sun like a vampire.

~~~

I came to this idol school to express myself with words and songs. I hope I finally be able to overcome my fears and my condition after 8 long years.

~~~

This the author here, thank you for reading! I'm making 2 parts/chapters of this story but depending on how I progress with this story, I might have 3-4 parts/chapters. I'll be posting a chapter later today or this week. This is basically part 1 btw! I don't actually know why I chose to do Rei as the lead because I don't actually like Rei that much 😆

 This is basically part 1 btw! I don't actually know why I chose to do Rei as the lead because I don't actually like Rei that much 😆