Chapter 26

(Current timeline)

Jungkook's eyes are numb and red as they glance towards the piece of paper lying on the side of his work desk. His chest rose in slow and almost unnoticeable movement. Jungkook has been sitten in the same position since the day Taehyung left his house.

"I want a divorce"

Taehyung's words reply in his head in an alarming tone as Jungkook shuts his eyes and leans forward to rest his face on the side of the desk. The drops of tears slipped at the corner of his eyes but Jungkook didn't care.

"Is this where we finally end Tae?" Jungkook whispered to the empty room

"Is this where we finally end Tae?" Jungkook whispered to the empty room. "All these years of our struggle are finally coming to end....but why do I not want us to end" he sobs.

"Why does my life keep coming to a point where I am asked to let go of you?" Jungkook stares at the written words on the divorce paper and his heart trembles.

"First the society, who never thought wanted us to be together.....My mother believed you weren't good for me.....then HE asked me to let go of you because you were suffocated with me. And today you finally asked me to let go of you. Why does it keep happening to us" Jungkook grips something sharp that cuts the skin on his palm?

"Everyone always told us we aren't good for each other and that we only suffer each other...but I always question how they say such things when we never had a proper chance to be with each other...but today you said you were suffocating with me" his lips shivering.

"And I knew that...I knew that I made your life a living hell. I know I suffocated you but I was selfish...I was greedy because you were the only person I knew I could have. I become a monster to you because I keep wanting you by my side" Jungkook's hands move towards the small box on the hidden drawer or the desk and takes out the old photo.

A sad smile appears on Jungkook's lips as he pushes past the clouds of tears and traces the people in the small frame. It was a picture of Him, Taehyung, and little Yeonjun who were smiling widely as they faced the camera. The moment captured in the four corners of the frame had become Jungkook's most treasured memory.

"When was it that I made the wrong choice?...was It wanting to be with you because it gave me a reason to be alive.....or was it letting go of you because I loved you too much?" Jungkook always had this question hunting him.

"You can never change Jungkook! No matter how much good you try to become you will always be a monster who only knows how to hurt someone! You can only hurt Taehyung! Over and over!" The man shouts pushing Jungkook away from taehyung who lies unconscious in the warmth of the hospital bed.

"I-I didn't hurt him...please let me buy him..he needs me" Jungkook tears seeing Taehyung on the stage of losing his life.