Chapter 1

Hello, all this is my very very first time posting my very own story. this is my first Oc writing! so please be kind but criticism is welcome (in a nice way please)

The photo is also what i think Nova would look like or someone close to it, I don't own the characters or the photo just Nova and the story.

I had no clue what to do for this but I know I've always had a hyper imagination, so I finally decided to do something about it. So, if you enjoyed this, please just let me know. Lol, this isn't supposed to be Elena slander but I kind of dragged her through the mud in this, and Jeremy, everyone really :)

Warning: Drugs (Weed), swearing?

Pairing: Finn Mikaelson x OC

Eventual: Elijah Mikaelson x OC, Niklaus Mikaelson x OC, Kol Mikaelson x OC, Rebekha Mikaelson x OC, Finn Mikaelson x OC

Ending: Mikaelson Family x OC

I'm sure there are grammar mistakes, but I tried my best.

Im sorry if I don't tag right ill do better :)

Anyway, i hope you enjoy it, this is based on characters in the vampire diaries, do not recommend reading it if you haven't watched it yet.

Word Count -2829

Summery: A glimpse into Nova's life as an adopted Gilbert.

                                                                                Prologue

Her heart burned for him; it was unlike anything she had ever felt before. This feeling trumped all others she decided. Her stomach was fluttering, she felt weightless and free but how could she do this when she felt so guilty at the same time? Her heart did not only beat for one, but for all. The delicate way in which they treated her like she was the most beautiful thing in the world. Like a piece of art hanging up in a museum that could have been painted by Da Vinci himself. Never in her life has she ever felt so loved, happy, and even special, yet guilty and heartbroken at the same time. She couldn't do this to him. To any of them.

In the tiny town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, the summer of 2010 was drawing to a close. The school year was just around the corner, and the leaves had started turning a variety of colors from bright green to dark red. Most people welcome the change of seasons. Fall brought cold nights spent sipping pumpkin spiced lattes. Kids running from door to door begging for candy in costumes. Unlike those people, Nova Gilbert wasn't one of them. Nova didn't like fall for one reason and one reason only, school. Nova was no teacher's pet. In class, Nova Gilbert preferred to sit at the back, trying to remain unnoticed day to day. Nova could always be seen on her skateboard rocking a pair of worn-out converses, and bulky white headphones over her fiery red hair. This was more often than not thrown into a messy bun or ponytail, her bright green eyes looking everywhere but at another person.

She loved everything else about fall, but school meant being stuck and caged for 8 hours in the same place with the same smelly people. Nova is 18 years old and starting her last year of high school next week. To say she was dreading it was an understatement. Nova knew school was nothing more than a system to create the perfect 9 to 5 workers, who obeyed everything they were told without question. Nova hated it. She felt caged like an animal being herded to slaughter, with no choice but to follow, even as dramatic as it sounds. If it were up to her, she would have dropped out the second her parents died in a crash when she was thirteen. After they died, all care and sensibility flew out the window. Nova wasn't one to do anything crazy because of her parents' constant pressure to be flawless. When she got over their deaths, she couldn't begin to describe the feeling of freedom for the first time in her life. She also decided she was determined to live her life as freely as she could.