Chapter 4

So i don't have a set schedule for this fic yet i will try and do that but right now i know I'm going to publish mostly during the week at any time. So just a heads up. Grammar mistakes and sentences.

Warning: Swearing

Eventual: Elijah Mikaelson x OC, Niklaus Mikaelson x OC, Kol Mikaelson x OC, Rebekah Mikaelson x OC, Finn Mikaelson x OC

Ending: Mikaelson Family x OC

Words- 2178

    Nova was internally grateful for the free period she was given this year. When she first saw the option on her electives, she wrote it down immediately. When she thought back on it, she was very lucky to have gotten one of the spots. She could only imagine the number of students who applied for a free period this year, but only students who have had good grades for four semesters in a row could apply for the class. It didn't stop everyone from still applying for the class regardless of their grades. She could at least thank her parents for some things, if they had not always pressured her about getting good grades, she wouldn't be an a-b honor roll student for her entire life. She wished she had the ability to not care like her brother, he would forget if there was a deadly snake two feet behind him if nobody would remind him. It astounded her to no end how someone as sharp and witty as him, would choose to be stupid just because it was easier to do than anything else. As she was milling about the halls thinking about everything and nothing, she rounded the corner hallway leading to the lunchroom when she heard her phone ring. She waits for it to happen again, but it doesn't so she figures it was a text from Jeremy or Elena probably to check up on her. When she reaches the lunchroom, she takes a seat at the table closest to the door and retrieves her phone from her bag. Reading from her messages she was surprised to see a text not from not her siblings but from Alaric. Smiling to herself she opens the messages and starts to read them.

Lifetime Comedian: Hey red.

Lifetime Comedian: Where are you right now?

Red: I'm in the cafeteria

Red: why do you ask?

Lifetime Comedian: Don't go anywhere

Lifetime Comedian: I need to talk to you

Lifetime Comedian: Ok?

Red: sure?

Nova looks up from her phone confused turning to look around her, not seeing him like she thought she would, so she waits as instructed. After about ten minutes go by, she gives up on waiting for him and starts to wander about some more, not wanting to waste her free time. She decides she'll walk by Alaric's room and see what he's up to in the meantime.

After what feels like forever, she reaches Alaric's room and peaks through the little window. Not seeing him or anybody else in the room, she figures he's already gone to the cafeteria to see her. Throwing her head back in defeat, she trudges back towards the cafeteria to find him. On her way to the lunchroom, she pauses in front of the gymnasium doors. She wasn't trying to go here, but the second she saw the doors she wanted to see checkout the new gym teacher again. She looks to her left then to her right and jogs towards the doors. She stands there for a few seconds and when her brain catches up with her body, she hears a voice that is strangely helping to loosen the knot living in her stomach. She can hear Mr. Mikaelson calling out student's names just the same as he was for her class. She just knew she wanted to hear more of his voice even if it wasn't in a one-on-one conversation. She shakes her head at herself, ducking her head and squeezing into the small little alcove created under the bleachers, moving to the middle area of the cove she lays down on her back, thankful for the gym matts under the bleachers. She probably would not willingly choose to sit on the dirty nasty gym floor, let alone lay on it if they weren't there. Laying under the bleachers listening to Mr. Mikaelson's talk was not how she thought she would be spending her free period. The longer she stayed there the more her eyes started to droop, slowly being lulled to sleep by the new man's voice.