Part 4

If you don't celebrate Christmas, you can swap it out for a holiday you do celebrate :)

3 months to go now. It had been a month since Cassie had seen Luke and it was now 4 days until Christmas. Cassie loved Christmas; the lights, the decorations, the food and anything else that went with it. The prison didn't do anything different around Christmas which was understandable but it didn't make anything any easier.

"Happy Christmas, Commando." Cassie said. "Happy Christmas, Cass." Luke said. "Have you got any plans for Christmas day?" he added. "Yeah, um, your dad actually invited me and Ma round for dinner and I think Jake, Hailey and Spencer will be there." Cassie told him. It was a bittersweet idea. Luke would have loved to be there eating a big family meal, giving presents and spending time with everyone but instead, he'd miss out. Both Luke and Cassie hated the idea that they'd be away from each other for Christmas. It wasn't exactly how they wanted things to be.

"Hey, next year, it'll be perfect. Me and you. We can decorate the apartment." Luke said. "Oh yeah?" Cassie said. "Yeah, there'll be a tree, lights, tinsel and cookies. We'll make a gingerbread house with little gingerbread people." Luke continued. "What colours?" Cassie asked. "Oh, everything and anything. It won't matter, we'll just do whatever we want. Green tinsel, sure. Pink lights outside, ok. Orange lights on the tree, let's go with it. It doesn't have to match. A Christmas tree and decorations shouldn't match. It should look how we want it to and like it's made with love. We can get Spencer to make us a decoration at school and we can make some. We could include Peaches. Whatever we want." Luke told her.

Cassie imagined it. The perfect Christmas. Sleeping in, cuddling with Luke and Peaches, decorating the apartment and family time. Luke loved talking about the future with Cassie. It was what he'd think about for hours on end, while staring at the ceiling. He thought about fixing the apartment, having kids, having a proper wedding and so much more.

"I brought Spencer's present the other day." Cassie told Luke. "Oh yeah. What did you get?" he asked. "A dinosaur thing. He asked for it the other week when I was babysitting and he wanted to look at toys to ask Santa for." I said. "That's cool. He'll love it." Luke said. Cassie nodded. It was difficult finding things to talk about that they hadn't talked about before and wouldn't bring the mood down.

Soon, their time ended and Cassie had to leave. Not long now. They'd done half.