Chapter 25: I think we might be alright, you know

I wake up halfway through the 7 hour flight feeling alot better! I open my eyes to find Dom with his screen pulled back, fully awake. He glances in my direction and turns to face me "you feeling any better sweetheart?" he says quietly. I sit up stretching "Did you get any sleep?" I ask. He shakes his head "I couldn't babe, I was worried about ya, I needed to make sure you were ok". He stretches his hand out holding it against my forehead "I feel alot better Dom, honestly!"

The rest of the flight was pretty easy, I had slept through most of it so we only had 2 and a half hours left. I even managed a little bit of food! We get off the flight after landing at Heathrow and go to get our luggage. Because our flight was delayed our luggage is delayed meaning we have another 30 minute wait. Dom takes me in his arms while we're waiting and I put my head into his chest relaxing instantly when I smell his hoodie. He pulls the hood up on my chrome hearts hoodie which I stole from him so that all of the sounds of the airport are drowned out. His arms are draped over my shoulders, his hands rubbing my upper back. I have no idea how he does but he always manages to chill me out in the space of 10 seconds!

Our bags eventually come and we get into the car. We pull out of the airport and head towards Dom's flat in Shoreditch. We're halfway down the M4 and the urge to throw up arises all of a sudden. "Dom, we have to stop!!" I panic, my breathing becoming shallow. He realises what's about to happen and knocks on the perspex screen of the car "sorry mate can you stop for a sec"!! The driver pulls over onto the hard shoulder and I just about make it, kneeling on the grassy verge and throwing up all the food and liquid I had on the plane. I feel Dom's hand in my hair holding it back and his other hand rubbing my back "its ok baby, its ok, I got you" I hear him saying. Thank god the car was covering me, I can't even imagine what I look like right now....

I get everything up and stay for a few minutes trying to catch my breath with both hands pressed on the grass "what the fuck is wrong with me??" I think to myself. Dom lifts me from behind and sits me on the cars back seat facing outwards. He grabs a bottle of water that the driver keeps in the back of the car and crouches down in front of me, pressing it into my hand "sip this love" he says softly putting his hand on my cheek. I take a few small sips and when I'm done I whisper "I'm so sorry Dom". He shakes his head "you have nothing to be sorry about darling- you just let me know when you're ready to go again".

I take a few minutes and then climb onto the further seat and Dom climbs in after me closing the door. He slides his arm around my shoulder and pulls me in close, his hand stretching over so that he's stroking my cheek with his fingers. I close my eyes just focusing on that until we pull up to Doms flat. He brings our cases up and unlocks the door- it's so good to be home! I head straight to the shower, I feel so unbelievably gross! I turn on the shower letting the warm water run over me. I'm feeling pretty weak from all the throwing up but I manage to wash myself and change into new pjs. I go into the kitchen and Dom has made me a cup of ginger tea with a slice of lemon in it in a really pretty china tea cup "it's meant to be good if yer feeling sick babe". I go over to the long sofa by the spiral staircase and stretch out on it. Dom turns on the Christmas tree lights which we set up before we left. He kisses the top of my head "I'm just gonna go shower love".

I finish the tea and end up falling asleep on the sofa. What seems like a few minutes later I feel Dom lift me. He carries me to the bedroom and puts me in bed on my side. I half open my eyes and see he's lying on his side facing me, his hand cradling my face again. He kisses my forehead and I fall back asleep. The next 48 hours are total hell, I can't keep anything down, I'm even having trouble with water on the 2nd day.... Dom insists on taking me to the GP in Shoreditch. It's the 23rd of December and we're due to visit his family on the 24th and I wanna at least feel somewhat better for it so I agree. It's basically impossible to get an appointment but he explains my situation and they agree to do a house call.