Chapter 3- How you met Jake.

AN: Hey y'all. Just wanted to say sorry for not updating in a few days but school is starting back up soon and I've been getting stuff in order. So, I just wanted to have a little disclaimer, Jake speaks Spanish in this. Spanish is not my first language, and my roommate who speaks it fluently laughed reading Jake speaking in Spanish, her exact words were "It's so funny how formal it sounds because you didn't grow up speaking it." We had a good laugh about this. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Trigger Warnings: Violence, blood, assault.

Content: Mild angst

Jake's story takes place after the events of the series.

You have been living with Marc and Steven for about a month now. Domestic life wasn't something you were used to, but the boys made it an easy adjustment. The boys also seemed to be adjusting well to not having Konshu around anymore. It was perfect. But, you know what they say, all good things must come to an end.

One day, you noticed 'Marc' packing a bag. You could tell by the look in his eyes that it wasn't Steven, but it didn't seem like Marc either.

"You going somewhere?" You asked with a smirk.

He just looked at you and continued packing. Marc has never been this cold with you before.

"Hey..." You started. He looked up at you. "Did I do something to upset you?"

He stared at you, you could see that whoever he was, he was trying to think of what to say.

"Well?"

"There's just something I gotta take care of."

You knew something was wrong when this man spoke, it sounded as if someone was trying to sound like Marc. You narrowed your eyes at him, normally when you did this to Marc or Steven, they would feel a little uneasy. But this man, nothing seemed to phase him.

"Okay, then I'll come with you." You said making your way to your side of the closet.

"Wha- No. You can't come."

"Why not?"

"Because it has nothing to do with you."

"That's never stopped me before."

"Eso es cierto." He mumbled under his breath.

"What?" You didn't catch that.

"You're not coming."

"You're gonna have to give me a good reason why Marc."

"Because I don't want you there." He said abruptly.

There was silence, that hurt a little. You took a step back trying to process everything. Marc had been getting better about communicating to you. Steven, well, he was like an open book. Seeing that he hurt your feelings, 'Marc' walked over to you. He pulled you into his chest, you could tell by how tense he was that this was definitely not Marc.

He sighed, "I'm sorry. I just, really need to do this on my own." You looked up at him, he knew you were smart but was hoping he could fool you.

"Okay. How long are you gonna be gone?" You finally asked.

"A week, no longer than that."

"Okay. Just be safe." You lightly push away from him and walk over to the couch. You plopped down, pulled your knees into your chest and sighed heavily in the hope of guilt tripping him. It didn't work. He picked up his bag, walked over to you and gently kissed your forehead. You two didn't exchange any words as he walked out the door.