Second Prologue

Because I felt like it! Enjoy!

Hal Cobbler is driving his family to the hospital. (Not I that it'll do much good. They can't pay for Anna to have a full recovery, anyway!)

At the hospital Anna is admitted and the doctor has some bad news.

"I'm sorry but she'll likely suffer from bipolar disorder. There has been serious damage to her brain and it might never heal. Of course if you'd like to we can try a surgery. It will cost you. Unless you have insurance?" They don't. Like is said before they don't have the money for this one thing let alone for insurance.

"We can't doctor," Hal says with regret in his voice. "When will Anna be released?"

"Tomorrow. You can pay the bill in the lobby. Which one of you would like to stay?"

"I will," replied Hal.

"Me too, daddy. Can I stay?" Trixie asks.

"Of course. Felix do you want to stay too?"

"Daa-dy!" One-year old Felix replied.

Hal hands Eva the money for the bill.

Eva Cobbler pays the bill, stows the extra money in her pocket and walks out to their—very small six-seater—car.

On the road

Eva Cobbler swerves the car to the right, then the left. Then right again. The dirt road she was traveling on, the one that led home, was wet. Mud. Another car—out of nowhere, though it was hard to tell in the fog—had come down the road traveling in the opposite direction.

It's a one-lane road.

Eva Cobbler slams the break and groans in pain as her belt digs into her neck.

No airbags in this dingy piece of junk.

Her head slams into the steering wheel.

The other car's brakes have stopped working so it plows right into the Cobbler's car.

Let's pause time for a minute and ponder about where all the Cobblers are.

Hal, Trixie and Felix Cobbler and at the hospital with Anna.

Eva Cobbler is in the car unconscious and half-dead.

Gillian Cobbler is in the dirty alleyway conversing with the mystery person.

Back to Eva.

She's dead.

Hal and the other Cobblers—save for Gillian—are with Anna. And none of them—except Gilly—know what happened to Eva, until the next day.

...

After the mystery person left, Gilly headed home.

To do that she must pass the dirt-road that the crash had happened on.

She's the first to know.

She passed slowly and sees a familiar car laying there in pieces. Then she she's Eva.

"Mom!" She screams and runs to her side.

"Mom. Wake up. Please wake up! I can't lose you. F-father hates me now. You—you can't!" She sobs. A flood of tears run down her face. She presses her ear to Eva's chest. Nothing. She's dead.

"No!" She cries out. "Someone come quick!" She calls out for the villagers.

They come running. One of them says, "What's wrong—oh dear! Is-is she...?"

Gilly simply nods her head and keeps crying. First her sister and now her mother. Granted her sister hadn't died, she hoped, but still.

"Let's get you home dear. Where's your father?" Her friendly—and motherly—neighbor asks.

"At-at the hospital. With Anna, Trixie, and Felix," Gilly says still sobbing. She had just lost her mother after all!

The next morning, Hal gets a call from the same neighbor—Vilia—telling him his wife had died in a car crash. Silent tears flow down his face.

"What is it, Daddy?" Trixie asks.

"Daddy!" Felix says, obliviously.

"Yeah. What is it, Dad?" Anna asks groggily.

"It's Eva—your mother—She's—she's dead," Hal says, voice breaking. "In a car crash."

Anna gasps then starts crying uncontrollably.

Trixie cries silently like Hal.

Felix is oblivious to the situation and is making baby noises happily. His first word was Mommy.

And now his mommy is gone.

Hal still has negative feelings for Gilly.

Gilly is crying and devastated that her mom is dead. Her favorite parent. The one that gave her extra breakfast on her birthday even though she didn't have enough for herself. The one that always tucked in Gilly first because she was scared of her father. Gone.

Now she knows how the M.P (mystery person) felt when they lost their sister.

What's their name? , she thinks. It doesn't matter anyway. You'll never see him again!, she tells herself. The next day is a very poor funeral for Eva.

My mother is gone, my sister is mental, my father hates me, and Trixie and Felix barely talk—let alone to me—anymore.

And I have no friends.

What about—

He's not my friend.

Or so she thought.

Thx for reading this. Next up is 10 years later. Bye!