10 Years Later...

6 months after mother died, father married Elena. Then, they had twins. Han and Hamish.

Anna's 16 and still has bipolar disorder.

Trixie's 12 and just started middles school (A very poor one. She won't learn as much as average people do)

Felix is 11 and is almost in middle school.

Han and Hamish are 10 and are my half-brothers.

Not a day goes by when I don't think of the M.P. Technically he's my one and only friend. And I'm 18.

His eyes were so blue they were violet.

But no one has violet eyes unless they have albinism. Of course you don't necessarily need to have it. Though it's likely. Of the 1% of the world that has violet eyes, 99% of them have albinism.

Oh. And my father died a year ago, leaving me with my step-mother step-brothers, brother and sisters. And me being the oldest, I do all the chores.

Anna doesn't have to because of her disorder and the other 4 are pampered like crazy by my step-mom, Elena.

She's nice enough.

Although...

I'm 18 and still have curfew and I can't leave the house without telling Elena why. Hence, the lack of friends. (I also didn't get a good education. Though, I can still handle myself very nicely in a skirmish!) But my siblings can go whenever they please—save for Anna, she doesn't want to and can't.

The next day

"Gillian!" Elena calls out. I hate being called that and she knows it!

"Yes, step-mother?"

"I have arranged some—come out of your room please!"

I exit my room and stand next to Elena.

"Yes, E—step-mother?"

"In a few days time, you are to met someone. They're my friends and they have a lovely son. Sadly his sister died a few years ago." What if it's the M.P.?

"When? What color eyes does he have?"

"13 years ago. Why?"

"It's nothing step-mother. Just wondering. What color eyes, did you say?"

"Blue. Light blue, I think. Or was it dark. Oh wait, it changes color. When he's outside dark blue. Inside, light blue." My breath catches and my heart beats faster.

It's him. After all this time, I get to met him.

"My plan for you to get married to him. We just can't afford to feed 6 mouths. Sorry Gilly. You're the only one of marriageable age." She calls me my nickname which means she means it. She is sorry.

"That's fine," I say.

Absolutely fine!

No, it's not, but I'll get to talk to him. I can't wait.

Thx for rating, reading, commenting, and voting! Till next time, Au revoir!