𝟎𝟐. 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 had passed and the soldiers had shipped out and moved to the main Allied headquarters located in London. While Steve was called into a meeting to discuss his findings, a portion of the 107th regiment had been released and settled down in one of the local bars. A few hours later, Steve took a seat at their table and made his proposition.

Dugan set down his pint with an amused look. "So, let's get this straight—"

"We barely got out of there alive, and you want us to go back?" Jones asked, interrupting Dugan's train of thought.

"Pretty much." Steve nodded his head in agreement.

"Sounds rather fun, actually." Falsworth leaned back in his seat bemused.

Morita belched before setting his own punt back down onto the surface of the table. "I'm in."

"Moi je combattrai jusqu'à la dernière fois que ses bâtards sont morts, enchaîné, ou bien pleurer comme un petit bébé," Dernier spouted in French.

Jones chuckled and added a side comment, "J'espère tous les trois."

"Moi aussi." Dernier laughed and shook Jones's hand.

When Jones realized that no one had understood, he clarified, gesturing between himself and Dernier. "We're in."

The group turned to look at those that hadn't said anything yet. Howlett offered a gruff nod of his head while Rambeau sighed before turning to look at Dugan. "I'm in if you are."

"Hell, I'll always fight." Dugan grinned as he nodded his head. "But you got to do one thing for me."

"What's that?" Steve asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Open a tab." Dugan finished off the rest of his drink and slammed the pint back down. Steve laughed but agreed as he approached the bar table. Dugan leaned in toward Falsworth. "Well, that was easy."

"Another round," Steve requested, setting some cash down on the table to pay for the liquor.

The barkeeper shook his head in disbelief as he looked beyond Steve at the table he'd just left where the men were growing rowdier by the second. "Where are they putting all this stuff?"

As Steve joined Bucky at the bar counter, "There's a Tavern in Town" started to play at the piano and singing could be heard in the other room. Bucky chuckled and took a sip from his own glass. "See? I told you. They're all idiots."

"How about you?" Steve asked. "You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?"

"Hell, no. That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him." Bucky took another drink and then asked, "But you're keeping the outfit, right?"

"You know what?" Steve replied as he looked at the poster on the wall behind them. "It's kind of growing on me."

David slid into the seat at the bar beside him, looking over his shoulder into the next room skeptically. "So you're really making a team out of that bunch?"

"That's the goal." Steve nodded his head.

"Not a bad choice really," David noted, forgetting any past reservations as he lifted the glass pint toward his lips.

Bucky raised an eyebrow. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Taking a drink."

"I don't think so," Bucky replied and took the glass from his hand.

"C'mon, Bucky." David frowned as he complained. "I'm in Europe, let me live a little."

"And what would Becky say about that?" Bucky asked, revealing he had no intention of changing his mind while using their sister as a guilt card.