Sixteen

Ambrosia

When i woke up i didn't expect my head to feel like its splitting into half and the light to seem like such a vice. When i woke up i also didnt expect to find my grandma yelling and blowing up a gasket.

I groan as i pull my pillow over my eyes.

"No Dont you dare cover those eyes! You look at me when I'm talking to you Missy!" Grandma yells making the ringing in my head ten times worse

I groan again cradling my head in my hands, "can i just go back to bed please?"

"You will not sleep the day away in my house! I have been lenient enough and now I'm here to hear why you drank so much!"

I feel the churning in my stomach and i quickly move from the bed regretting it immediately before i feel the puke come up and splatter on top the floor as i try to hold it in my mouth till i reach the bathroom. Oh that's so gross!

"I am glad you're puking your guts out!" my grandma yells

"Grandma please!" I groan after emptying my stomach

"You take a bath right now and then youre going to go to the grocery store and buy ingredients so you can come here and make a good batch of jelly filled donuts and we're going to go to the Rodriguez's house to apologise for giving Salvador a handful!"

I almost laugh at Sal's full name but that quickly changes as i hurl and the burn in my throat is unbearable but nothing comes up. I hurl two more times before i flush and then splay on the cold tiles like a star fish. The cold tiles feel nice.

I just wanna lay here all day even though i have a splitting headache.

"Ambrosia Bowdery!" A voice hollers above me

I squint my eyes as i open them and see my grandmother's looming figure towering over me.

"Are you listening to me!?"

"Yes grandma, I'll go in the afternoon,"

"It is already 2PM! Get up right now so you can finish baking by five or four!"

Why does my grandma have to be super polite? I could have just laid in bed all day fighting this migraine i have. Wait what did she say? That Sal helped me? What exactly happened after beer pong?

I hope I didn't make a complete fool of myself. I slowly sit up and i smell the foul stench.

I scrunch up my nose, "what's that smell?"

"That will be your dress!"

I finally see the said clothing. Its lying next to the tub and I'll say, its a sight. How did i get sick all over my dress?

Grandma scrunches up her nose, "i Dont know how Sal managed you the whole way while you smelt like a brewery! You had puke in all your hair and all over your face!"

I hide my face in my hands. That's embarrassing. And Sal of all people had to see me at that level of rock bottom. I will never show my face again!

"Get up so you can bake for the Rodriguez's!"

Well my grandma seems to have other plans. I groan as i strip down. Then it hits me. If grandma says Sal helped me, did he undress and dress me? He saw me naked!!? Oh the embarrassment never stops!

I take a very much needed thorough bath and then a very long dental session and then dress in pink sweats and a black PUMA cropped tank top and pull on white socks with pink kitten imprints and slides and go to the grocery store.