Thirty Six

Sal

I dry my hair off standing before the mirror before turning around slightly so i can see the back of my shoulder blade. A smile makes its way to my face. I look at the artwork and the skin which has now healed properly.

She's the one who unknowingly gave me the idea to get something related to her tattooed on my skin. Most of the tattoos ive gotten Dont have meanings apart from the bird and campus direction i have but this one comes from her nickname of me.

When I first saw the rose inked on her back, i didn't believe she actually got a tattoo, i had thought she had been kidding around. Apparently she hadn't. It wasn't until after she had left that i realised that she got a rose which was much of a coincidence given that i call her rose in Spanish.

Now i also got a tattoo of her nickname for me inked on my shoulder blade. I wonder what her reaction will be when she sees what i got a tattoo of. I already saw the extra tattoo she got. It was in Chinese and had flowers and stars and hearts all around it. All that girly shit but it was okay in general. She said it meant Love and Strength.

I'm guessing she's the type to get tattoos with meaning on her skin because so far she has three tats and they all have some meaningful or poetic meaning behind them.

I drop the towel wrapped around my waist after double checking that my door was locked since the idiots i have for siblings never knock. I apply lotion to my body as i think of taking Rosá on an actual date.

We've been hanging out a lot often and have had times we'd go out and have fun but i want to take her on a formal date this time with the whole dressing up and having a whole night of events planned and stuff.

I really want to see how a proper formal date with Rosá would go.

Im so stuck in my zone thinking and planning me and Sia's date that i dont realise that my phone is ringing. I wrap a towel around my waist and hurry to my phone thinking it'll be Rosá calling me.

Its not. Its an unknown number. I look at my phone screen for a moment before i finally accept the call and place the phone to my ear.

"Salvador Rodriguez, i thought you were a man of your word," a voice says

"Who's this?" I ask

"Come on Sal, how could you have already forgotten your best pal? I'm still waiting on you Sal, three more weeks and summer's over. I still haven't gotten any more updates. Whats the hold up?"

My heart speeds up in my chest cavity. I suddenly connect the dots and i cant breath. I didn't think he remembered. How do i tell him that i cant do this anymore? That i pull out?

"Dont tell me you're thinking of withdrawing,"

"Well i uh-"

"Remember Sal, this isnt me being a bad person. This is me wanting the best for everyone else that's to cross paths and come in the near or later future. Its a lesson Sal. Help me get it through,"

I swallow hard because i honestly Dont know what to say. Here i was completely forgetting everything and planning to take Rosá on a date when this person calls me to remind me of the task i promised to fulfill. Why did i have to promise to do something i wasn't sure id still want to do?

I Dont know how I'll get myself out of this fucking mess.

"Can i count on you Sal?" His voice brings me back to the present

"Yes sir,"

"Good, I'll be waiting on the news," he says before hanging up and i throw my phone to the bed with much force that I'm sure could have broken it had my bed not been too soft.

This is all fucked up. I cant do this.

I really need to breath so i quickly pull on a pair of boxers and jeans and then a tee before putting my boots on and then fastening the laces.

I pick my phone up and descend the stairs two at a time before taking the bike's keys on the key hanger in the kitchen and leave the house not letting anyone know where I'm going. I Dont want company right now. I need time to think and sort out my thoughts.

I get on my bike and speed to the cliff not giving two shits about how many horns are blown my way. I need the adrenaline to hide this anxiety.

When i get to the cliff, i get off my bike and run my hands through my hair pulling on it before screaming into the silence. What the fuck do i now?

                   ✪㉨✪✪㉨✪

Well it seems Sal has found himself caught between a rock and a hard place. Any idea whats driving him so mad?

Xoxo
FK🤗❤