Part 5

Xie Lian woke up in the middle of the night, and, seeing San Lang's pale shape sleeping by his side, he couldn't help but smile. It was good, no, too good, as if his body was meant for San Lang's, responding to anything he did... and he was super sweet and gentle, making sure Xie Lian was feeling comfortable, making sure Xie Lian was in control.

Only, something wasn't right with him himself, but he couldn't quite put his finger on what. Maybe it was the argument with Feng Xin and Mu Qing earlier, which was still on the back of his head. But he was sure there was more to it: the day's been strange. In many ways.

He got up silently, put his jeans on, and, walking in the dark, sat on the sofa, getting lost in his thoughts. Feng Xin and Mu Qing: why did they keep looking at each other as if Xie Lian was acting weird? Why was he with his dad's phone? He fished out the phone from his pocket, looking at it: it was his father's model, but the case with colourful street art was certainly his.

Then there was San Lang. Thinking back, he felt immediately attracted to him right when they met. Then they seemed to get along, to understand each other as if they knew each other. And when they did it – well Xie Lian wasn't very experienced, but even him could see it wasn't just great chemistry, but something else: as if, as if it was love. But how? He had met San Lang only the day before...

His thoughts miles away, he started browsing at his YouTube channel from his phone, looking at the comments... Then suddenly, his eyes focused on something: dates.

Some time after, Xie Lian heard San Lang asking softly, almost whispering, "XL-didi? You're ok?"

He was at the doorway, wearing only boxers; hearing his voice, Xie Lian, who was sitting hugging his knees, shrank slightly, hiding his face between them.

San Lang walked over, sitting beside him, "What's wrong?"

After a moment, Xie Lian answered in a muffled voice, "You were hiding other things from me weren't you?"

"So you know", San Lang replied.

"My YouTube channel was deleted, by me, eight years ago? Lots and lots of bullying and harassment from that WhiteNoFace. My instagram shows posts of me from everywhere? When did I do these travels? And... my twitter...", he was getting more and more out of breath, "it says I re-joined The Heavens for the third time... and I even saw this rap battle between me and WhiteNoFace on Mount Tong'lu Festival", he added.

San Lang nodded, and sat closer.

"When, when was all that? What's going on San Lang, am I going mad?", Xie Lian asked, in a cracking voice.

"You're not going mad", San Lang said, hugging him, playing with his hair.

"My channel... my fans, all gone. How did that happened? Am I such a rubbish?"

"You're not, you're the best. Trust me", San Lang said.

"But why..."

"Listen", San Lang said, "You just lost your memory. Maybe you bumped your head or something? Don't worry it'll return naturally. I'm keeping an eye on you", he concluded, brushing Xie Lian's hair out of his face.

"But how?", Xie Lian asked. Then he suddenly remembered: the train station guys, shouting at him, shouting he had bumped his head and fainted! Now that made sense...

"Your mates realised something wasn't right. Mu Qing spoke to a doctor, who advised us just to observe, and avoid upsetting you. They called me and – "

"San Lang", Xie Lian said, "We haven't met just yesterday have we?"

San Lang smiled tenderly, "No. We met a long time ago".

"Are we – " Xie Lian couldn't finish the question.

"Yes. We are in love", San Lang said, caressing his face. Then he removed his hand, and added, "Not the you now, but – "

"The me now is in love too, I think", Xie Lian replied, burying his face on San Lang's chest.

"He had a brain scan this morning. All good. And his memories are returning too, aren't they, Gege?", Hua Cheng asked, putting an arm around Xie Lian's shoulders.

"Yeah, I even remembered where I live! Guess I'll be alright, thanks guys", he smiled to Feng Xin and Mu Qing, who went that same night to Gamblers' Den to have a drink with him and Hua Cheng.

"Well you coming with an idea for a tune and a video... something wasn't right", Mu Qing replied.

"To tell you we weren't your crew, like we were fucking dumping you...", Feng Xin added; he was shaken.

"Save the drama to your mama", Mu Qing frowned at Feng Xin. Feng Xin was dramatic.

"Anyway, I'm glad you're good now", Feng Xin smiled, "I gotta go, need to be up early tomorrow".

"I gotta go too", Mu Qing said, and both of them left.

Hua Cheng looked at Xie Lian, "Are you alright Gege? Tired? You hardly had any sleep..."

"So, you had a laugh at my amnesia didn't you, San Lang?", Xie Lian asked, raising a brow. "Teasing me nonstop. Aren't you ashamed? And you know what I remembered as well?", he continued, in a serious tone, "How you seduced me, and I was only 17!".

"Gege, you're 26", Hua Cheng pointed out, trying not to laugh.

"In my head I was 17", Xie Lian replied, "What do you have to say for yourself, huh, San Lang-gege?"

Hua Cheng gave a small smile, and replied, "No regrets. You were the one who wanted it! Who knows, maybe that's what triggered your memory back..."

"I don't want to hear this", Xie Lian replied.

"Gege thinking he was 17, and his first time, that was so cute! But...", Hua Cheng continued.

"I'm going home. Bye", Xie Lian said.

"...I prefer Gege now, more well-seasoned to my taste", he concluded, smiling brightly, only to see Xie Lian walking away and already far. He run after him,

"Gege! Alright alright I'm sorry! Gege, listento me..."

How was it, how was it? 😊

Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to vote!

Please go to the next part for some writer's comments... 🤪