Chapter XV New Life

One Week Later. 9:00 am
Jaiden's House, California

Jaiden walked right in front of her house. She hasn't touched it for a decade now. She took a breath and inputted her key to her house. And what she saw was a massive pile of envelopes. Elizabeth walked in now her hair is neatly tied, and she now wears a white shirt, a black fiber jacket, and cowboy short. She was amazed. Jaiden put down her luggage on the floor and browsed through her envelopes. She opened them and all of them were unpaid bills. Elizabeth switched on the lights but the lights didn't come on.

"Ms. Jaiden, why aren't the lights working?" Elizabeth asked.

"Elizabeth, I haven't paid my bills yet" Jaiden replied.

"Then I will have a drink in the kitchen?" Elizabeth ran towards the sink and switched on the water. But the water didn't come to them, she tried again and again. "Jaiden, the waters aren't working" Elizabeth replied.

"Elizabeth everything in this house doesn't work, yet, just wait until tomorrow, I need to send the bill quickly before they sell this house entirely" Jaiden replied.

"But why do they want to sell the house?" Elizabeth asked, running towards Jaiden.

Jaiden was on the table scrolling and signing every envelope she can. After all, she can pay it off using her bonus money and her net income.

"Miss, Jaiden can you go to the park " Elizabeth replied

"No, Elizabeth, now I'm busy right now, and I don't want you to get lost" Jaiden replied.

"But I'm a big girl now" Elizabeth replied.

"Ok, you can play in the backyard, but do not go too far" Jaiden replied.

"But who's going to play with me?" Elizabeth asked.

Jaiden ignored Elizabeth's questions, as she signed through every envelope mindlessly. Elizabeth walked away with disappointment with her luggage. She opened her luggage and dug through her clothes, and took out her teddy bear. She was disappointed that Jaiden didn't play with her. But she bottled up and told herself, it was better than her in the California ruins living without her parents. So she walked out of the house, and into the backyard. Jaiden sat on the seat of the kitchen, scrolling on her phone. She saw a massive decline in her YouTube Analytics, in terms of views, and subscribers. She saw comments questioning her about her disappearance. And she thought to herself that she needs to make a quick video about her disappearance to her fans to revive her channel. She signed. And got to her room. The room layout was the same before all the incidents happened except there was dust all over the place. She got on her office chair and dusted off her drawing tablet, and draw out the first frame of her video it was a simple sketch of her character, but her memories of the incident kept entering her mind with negativity, and she couldn't find her motivation to continue on the video. So she closed off the tablet and sighed in irritation. Jaiden then looked down and saw Elizabeth playing with her teddy bear as she sat on the grass. Jaiden felt as if she is a bit too serious about Elizabeth. So she walked down the steps and walked out to the backyard.

Elizabeth stopped and looked at Jaiden as she walked toward her. "Miss. Jaiden? I thought your busy?" Elizabeth replied with disbelief.

"I finished checking off the bills Elizabeth, now what do you want to play?" Jaiden asked Elizabeth.

"Can we play hid and seek around the house?" Elizabeth asked.

"Sure, and who is the one hiding?" Jaiden asked.

"You're the one hiding" Elizabeth smiled.

"Ok! 20 seconds" Elizabeth closed her eyes and Jaiden ran to her room and hide in it.

Elizabeth counted down, and Jaiden settled herself in her room.

Elizabeth counted down to 0. Elizabeth quickly ran across the house and Jaiden could hear her footsteps as they slammed against the wooden floor. Elizabeth made her way upstairs, and Jaiden could hear her footsteps growing increasingly louder until Elizabeth opened the door.

"Found you!" Elizabeth pointed her fingers at Jaiden. Elizabeth then looked at the table and saw a drawing tablet. She was curious.

"Ok, who is the seeker?" Jaiden replied

"Ms. Jaiden, what's that?" Elizabeth pointed at the drawing tablet.

"That's my drawing tablet Elizabeth!" Jaiden replied.

"And what is it for?" Elizabeth asked.

"It's for drawing Elizabeth" Jaiden replied.

"Wait I didn't know you could draw on a tablet before"

"What to try it out?" Jaiden asked.

"Sure" Elizabeth replied.

Jaiden took the drawing tablet up and placed it on the floor. Jaiden grabbed the digital pen, and lend pen to Elizabeth.

"Thanks, and what's this for?" Elizabeth pointed at the digital pen.

"It's the pen for the tablet" Jaiden replied.

"Wait you need a pen?" Elizabeth replied.

"Uhhhh....you can draw it with your finger, or a pen if you like, it's recommended that you use a pen" Jaiden replied.

"Cool, I never tried this. But how do you turn this on?" Elizabeth asked.

"You press on this button" Jaiden pressed the turn-on button.

"Cool now how do you use the pen?" Elizabeth asked

"You do this" Jaiden held the pen, and draw a line as an example.

"Cool!" Elizabeth replied.

Elizabeth drew a circle and then a couple of objects, while Jaiden mentored her around the controls of the tablet. Elizabeth drew multiple objects, animals, and even a human in a childish way. In the end, Jaiden showed her many of her drawings, and Elizabeth became even more impressed by them.

And when the sunsets. Elizabeth now got used to the drawing tablet. And Jaiden prepare her sleeping bag, and the two got ready for bed. At last Jaiden felt as if she was at Home.