Part 4: Speed Highway and City Escape

Upon completing Speed Highway, Sunlight and Sonic both noticed that only half of the stage entrance was restored.

Sonic: That's... weird.

While a statue of Fluttershy remains white and frozen, the statue of Cream and Cheese is restoring itself, turning them to normal. They realize they are free and celebrate, then high five.

Cream: Thanks for saving me, Sonic. It was scary in the dark, but I tried to be brave.

Sonic smiles and gives her a thumbs-up.

Cream: [turns to Sunlight] Thank you too, Raymond. Hey, is it me, or did you get a new haircut?

Sunlight looks shocked, then runs her hand through her mane.

Sonic: It's more complicated than that, Cream.

Cream: Oh, okay. Say, I saw that dark creature fly in that direction. [points to City Escape stage entrance.]

Sunlight: Thanks, we'll go check it out.

The rest of the group catches up just as City Escape begins restoring itself. Sonic and Sunlight looked over at Rouge and Rarity and saw the same wave creeping up their bodies. Once Rouge was fully restored, she looked herself over and leapt up into the air, briefly flapping her wings before landing back on the ground. She then blew Sonic a kiss and said, "Thanks, Big Blue! That's the first time I've ever been stolen." Sonic couldn't help but grin softly at that statement. Sunlight chimed in saying, "Pretty soon, everything will be okay."

Twilight, Applejack, Tails, Knuckles, Cream, Cheese, and Pinkie all noticed that Rarity was back to normal as well. And, unfortunately, she seemed to feel the need to be the one to spoil the moment. "Okay? OKAY? What are you talking about? That was utterly terrifying! My beautiful body was completely white! And I was floating around like a ghost! Of all the worst things that could happen, that was the. Worst. POSSIBLE. THING!" The drama queen then fell onto her back, sobbing. After a minute, she looked up to see everybody staring at her. "What? It was, you know!" she defended.

Everybody had a different reaction to this comment. For Sonic, he performed a simple three-step procedure other people might follow in this situation.

Raise hand. Expose palm. Apply to face.

Rouge: Even still, the thing that snatched us was like nothing I've ever seen before. Come to think of it, [points to Sunlight as Rarity looks over and gasps]  you're nothing like the Raymond I've seen before.

Sunlight simply shrugs and scratches her head.