Fireflies

Twiddling fingers ,sweaty palms are the symptoms of nervousness. Although that, a certain grey haired male felt neither of those. Instead he was frozen stiff. A eating blonde nearly choked to death while laughing. 

"HEY, THATS NOT VERY NICE ," Osamu yelled at the blonde. Atsumu just laughed harder. After his lapse of sanity ended,Atsumu continued stifling his laughter while saying,"Sumu, you are so stiff, whyyyy~"

Osamu blushed crimson. Atsumu teasingly nudged his flustered twin. "Heheh, I wonder what Mom would say if she saw your state~" Atsumu commented.

Osamu glared daggers at the blonde. "Shut.up"

"But seriously, are ya okay?" Atsumu questioned, offering part of the rice dumpling to his brother. Osamu accepted the offer, thought a while before shrugging. The two sat in silence for a while. 

Atsumu looked at the male before looking at his clock that hung on the wall. 

"Off ya go, don't wanna be late do ya?" Atsumu reminded his brother who looked in daze. Osamu just nodded. 

"Don't embarrass yourself!" Atsumu teased Osamu as Osamu stepped out the door. 

Timeskip

Toying with the flint coloured string of your hoodie, you listened to Good Boy Gone Bad by TXT. 

You wore a cloud coloured drop-shoulder hoodie, with the part beneath the drop coin coloured. You also wore jet black pants with a pair of black sneakers to complete the look. You styled your hair in a way that it partially blocked your eyes. 

You looked up. In the corner of your eye, you noticed a gray tuff of hair weaving it's way to you in the crowd. You made no move as you continued to observe the tuff move closer to you. It suddenly stopped midway, its owner supposedly looking for someone. It was not too long when the owner began to make its way to you at a faster speed. 

"Y/n! Sorry, did I make you wait?" Osamu jogged to you. You shook your head. "Just came,"you answered. The male heaved a sigh of relief. 

He gently grabbed your wrist, leading you to a restaurant." Let's get dinner," he mumbled. You didn't object and followed behind wordlessly. 

Osamu brought you to a restaurant which sold mainly onigiri. 

"Thank you for the meal," you and Osamu said. The two of you ate the meal in silence, both not knowing what to say. As you appreciated the silence, Osamu pondered on how to strike up a conversation so as to not bore you.

You noticed he was in  a dilemma. "Is...anything wrong?" you asked. Osamu shook his head. "Uhhh..okay"

"So, is there something you enjoy doing?" Osamu asked.

"I guess," you replied, stuffing some takoyaki into your mouth.

"Well then, what do you like?" he asked. 

"I like sleeping,"

"Uh anything else?" he asked hopefully. I looked into his eyes and saw sincerity. "I uhh like watching my phone.." I thought hard before replying.

"Thats all? I wouldnt mind staying outdoors though right?" Osamu raised a brow. I nodded.

"Nice," he mumbled in relief before taking the onigiri the waiter brought and placed it on your plate. "Here," he smiled.

I accepted it, hesitant. 'Is it nice?' I cleared my thoughts. 'Osamu should have a good taste, I shouldnt doubt him that quickly. I bit the onigiri as Osamu watched.

My eyes shot wide open as i tasted the filling, it was perfect. I ate the onigiri happily. "What fiing is this?" I asked Osamu, "I tastes godly." 

He chuckled at my reaction. "Its Tenmusu Onigiri (shrimp tempura, sry if u r allergic to seafood)."

"If you like it so much, do you want to order takeaway for it later?" Osamu offered. I nodded and thanked him.

Osamu POV

I smiled as Y/N the onigiri with shining eyes, glad that i was the reason behind the sparkle in her/his eyes. Feeling contented , i began eating my own onigiri.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

"I wanna show you something," Osamu said. "May I?" he asked and stuck his hand out. I laughed lightly and accepted his hand.

He led me to a hill in a neighborhood park.

The tall grass swayed lightly under the moon as a cool breeze blew. Fireflies danced in the air around my knees. It was calming. Unknown to me, a gray haired wasnt staring at the beautiful scenery but a certain (h/c) person.

Reaching out, i tried to catch a firefly. Osamu chuckled lightly. I was mesmerized by the fireflies.

i walked around looking at the fireflies. "They are so pretty.." i trailed off. "Glad you like them," Osamu grinned.

"Thanks for bring me here, Osamu," I beamed. Osamu blushed but i couldnt see it clearly due to the poor lighting. "Its the least i could do." he replied.

He sat on the tall grass and patted the spot next to him. I sat next to him. "Do want your onigiri?" he held the plastic bag in front of me. I nodded and took it from him.

As i munched on my onigiri, i looked at the moon as i appreciated the sounds of nature. I could hear the light rustling of the grass and... munching?

I turned to look at Osamu. He was chewing on dango. "Where did that come from?You had dango?" i asked. He nodded, "Want some?"

I nodded. "Thank you!" i smiled. "Your w-welcome," Osamu stuttered.

The later it got, the more peace you felt. All your worries faded into the cool crisp air. Finally, some silence-

"SAMUUUUU~" a loud voice interrupted that silence. I flinched before flinching at the human Barry Bee Johnson. 

"Why are you here?" Osamu asked venomously. "Me? I was going to buy some snacks of course. But who would know that you would have a date so near our house?" Atsumu grinned, "Why dont you join me Samu!"

Osamu looked at me. Atsumu didnt seem like he planned on leaving. I nodded at him and mouthed a "go". He shot me an apologetic look before leaving with his brother. "Stay safe, okay? Drop me a text when you reach home okay?" he said. i nodded.

Then he left.

I began to walk home silently.

Atsumu POV

Is that Samu? And Y/N?

I spotted two familiar silhouettes in the distance on a hill as i was out for a walk.

i watched from a distance as Y/N ate Samu's dango. Suddenly i felt and unpleasant feeling in my stomach. Jealousy.

My feet brought me to them and boom. I interrupted their date.

"Me? I was going to buy some snacks of course. But who would know that you would have a date so near our house?" I replied innocently.

"Why dont you join me Samu!" i smiled.

He looked at Y/N before leaving with me. As we walked to the convenience shop, Samu suddenly started shooting death glares at me.

"Did you do that on purpose?" he finally asked.

I kept silent.

"So what if i did?" I shot back. "So you like her," he mumbled. "So what if i do?" I turned to face him, "Its not like you dont either."

He shut his mouth but glared at me defiantly. After a while, he broke eye contact and walked off.

War for Y/N is declared then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi im not dead

-1160 words

30 dec 2022