2.

Renèe's POV:

During dinner, Marie either ignored or replied rudely whenever our parents tried to talk to her.

I honestly didn't think she was actually serious about changing the story and becoming a villain. Did she turn crazy after I died because who in their right mind would want to be a horrible person who will eventually have to be punished for their crimes? I'm actually a bit scared for her.

You see, there are multiple versions of this book with different male leads. In each one, the villianess Renèe Marigold Arias (which would be me) ends up either dying, being exiled, being tortured or basically forced to work as a slave for the heroine, Marie-Rose Arias, Renèe's twin sister.

It's really messed up and I hope the author of that book gets karma for making those endings. I'm starting to think that-

"Rena, you've been quiet this whole time. Are you alright dear?" My mother, Hazel Arias, turns to me.

"I'm fi-"

"Why do you waste your time with that piece of garbage I'm forced to call my sister?" Marie interrupted.

If I keep getting interrupted by these people, I'm just going to eat my dinner upstairs from now on.

A crash came from where my father sat as he put down his cutlery a bit too carelessly.

"Marie-Rose! Ever since you played outside earlier, you've had a horrible attitude towards not just me, your mother and your sister, but also towards the servants! What in the world has gotten into you?!" He restrained himself from yelling.

"Ugh!" Marie rolled her eyes and stormed out of the dining room.

Weeks later

Marie-Rose's POV:

It's all working out very well so far. I'm slowly but surely gaining the reputation of a spoilt brat that mistreats her sister. On the other hand, Rena is gaining a reputation of a quiet girl who is bullied by her twin.

We generally meet up when our parents are asleep and of course we make sure to distract the servants so they don't see us because that would raise suspicions.

The main topic of our discussions is the plotline of the story that we're stuck in, Opposite Flowers. It's about a noble girl, Marie-Rose Arias who, unlike the other nobles, treats everyone equally, no matter their status, blah blah blah. She's clumsy, gets bullied by her twin sister Renèe Marigold Arias, manages to capture the hearts of multiple males whereas her sister is cold and slightly possessive, gets hated by the male leads.....Yeah, I think you get the idea here.

However, there was actually a secondary heroine to this story. She was the sister of the crown prince, one of the male leads, and she would end up with one of the male leads that the main heroine hadn't chosen.

Katherine could very well make this more difficult for both me and Rena.

I think I might have to kill her.

"Marie, have you been listening to anything I've been saying?!"

I forgot I was in the middle of a lecture from my father after I "pushed" my sister down the stairs. Obviously, I didn't actually push Rena, but it seems that we're both excellent actresses.

"Why would I want to listen to anything you have to say?" I rolled my eyes

Somebody give me an award for this acting. All I've gotten for my fabulous skill is almost 3 hours of lectures on how I need to be a better person. Seriously, like I haven't tried that before in a past life!

An hour later

The carriage stopped at a mansion near the capital. Rena got out the carriage first and I followed. After we knocked on the door, we were escorted to the garden for Lady Violet Santo's tea party. We both knew it was the perfect opportunity to make some new friends and enemies.

As we sat down, I made sure to push Rena like I intended for her to fall but gently to not actually hurt her and she fell perfectly to the floor. Just as we planned. Rena gasped as she fell and began crying when she hit the ground. The other ladies ran to her immediately, asking her if she was okay and some of them looking shocked at me.

"Tch." I glared as coldly as I could manage at my sister.

"Are you gonna get up or carry on crying like a pathetic baby?" It honestly took a lot to be able to say that because I wasn't used to being harsh to other people.

"How could you say that Lady Marie? She's your twin sister!"

Other remarks close to this came from the other girls as they helped Rena up. My twin looked at me meaningfully and I stood up with a cup of tea in my hand.

With a flick of my wrist, I threw the tea at Rena. She (faked) gasped and stared at me. I put the teacup back on the table and walked out of the garden and into the carriage.

Renée's POV:

I stared after my sister in fake disbelief. The ladies started trying to comfort me and just as planned, I used my stained dress as an excuse to go home.

Marie was waiting in the carriage for me. As the carriage set off for the journey home we sat in silence for a good five minutes.

And then we began to laugh at how well the plan had gone.

A/N:

I tried so hard to make this chapter longer than the last one. I'm hoping to introduce more characters soon since so far you only know the main two, their parents and the secondary heroine. Well, that's gonna change when I have the motivation to write the next chapter.

Also if there's anything you'd like to see in this story, feel free to comment it and I'll see if I can fit it into the story.