five.

ruby athens.

I stayed the night over at the palace.

I was too drenched to even face anyone. I made sure to have at least six guards escort me to the room with me in the middle so no one could see me. Plus, everyone was busy dancing in the ballroom.

Aaron, on the other hand, had taken his shirt off and had sat near the garden. He had only moved from the bench once I had entered my room according to one of the maid's who had helped me take off the gown.

Currently, I was sitting on the window seat, staring at the palace grounds. The clock struck five in the early morning and I stare at the sky, waiting for the sun to rise.

I lean my head against the window and look down at the training grounds where the soldiers usually start training at six sharp.

I tilt my head a little, a little gasp escaping my lips as my eyes land on a familiar presence standing in the open shooting range.

This was the first time I saw Aaron, The Crown Prince of Selene, holding a gun with such ease and shooting bullets at the target on point.

As much I hated him, I couldn't help but admit the fact that Aaron was gifted. He was perfect at everything he did but he was full of anger.

As if he could feel my stare, he lowers the gun and turns around. He moves his gaze up but I was on the second floor and there was a low possibility that he could notice me.

And he does notice me.

He locks his eyes with mine. I swear, I saw him smile. He moves his gun and points his gun at me.

Great, now he wants to shoot me.

I open the windows and look down at him. His fingers are on the trigger and he's still looking straight into my eyes.

I grab the jug of water from the table next to me. I grin at Aaron before pouring it down the window and I know for sure that the water had splashed over his head.

I let out a laugh as I watch him glare at me. He doesn't say a word and I know what his next move will be.

He disappears out of my sight and I quickly shut the windows. I look at the two doors and sigh in relief as I notice the three locks on it.

The door creaks open and my heart drops.

Aaron was standing right in front of my eyes, a raging look on his face. He closes the two doors behind and I glance at his face, noticing the water droplets dripping down his forehead and jaw.

He points the gun at me, his fingers on the trigger, "Three reasons why I shouldn't put a bullet right through your head. Now," he hisses, standing in front of me.

Dying single didn't seem the best to anyone but to me it was ideal. I was more than grateful to be shot right now since I wouldn't have to marry someone.

"You would do me greatest favour by shooting me right now," I feign a smile, wrapping my fingers around the gun and pulling it towards my head so it touches my forehead.

He furrows his eyebrows together, his finger resting on the trigger but he doesn't pull it. He pushes my hand away and pulls his gun away, placing his gun in his pocket.

"I don't want your ghost roaming the halls of my palace," he murmurs, his glare fading away.

"Are you too scared to kill me? But you wanted to kill me for so long." I arch an eyebrow.

"I still do," he clenches his jaw, "You infuriate me so much, Ruby Athens."

"What about me?" I tilt my head.