Chapter 9: Wrapping Things Up

With a pensive sigh, Sleedster ascended back into the pyramid. "Uh... Hey guys..." Sleedster could hear the sounds of Hydrium being brutalized by Ha'kleth. "So... I've been told to do something. That being stop the Mirik. I can't kill them. But uh..."

With that, Sleedster snapped his fingers. Almost immediately, every Mirik felt ill - like every cell in their body was being kicked. Several threw up.

Realizing what had probably happened, Ha'kleth grabbed Ank by the head and kissed him.

"I'm not feeling anything..." said Ank. "Both sexually and physically. I don't think that this relationship was meant to be, Ha'kleth."

A look of sheer panic crossed Ha'kleth's face. "It's.. It's impossible. It's cruel!"

Grim then started convulsing. Sleedster snapped his fingers. Almost instantly, Grim morphed back into a normal human being.

"Every single Mirik in this prison has lost the ability to infect other lifeforms."

Ha'kleth let out a screech of pure primal rage.

Hydrium then turned to her - his blaster set to kill. Ha'kleth attempted to jump him, however, Sleedster snapped his fingers.

Ha'kleth vanished.

"Have fun in loserville! I'm gonna go and corrupt Minecraft!" With that, Sleedster rapidly ascended through the roof - causing a massive amount of damage to the stonework.

Marin then tore off the rest of her bodysuit. She had only worn the bodysuit to stop her from accidentally infecting others. Now that it was gone, she could remove it completely. Marin then grabbed Ash and kissed her. Ash and Marin then made out on the stone floor.

Standing up with the sound of his joints popping, Grim let out a pain-filled groan. "This was a nightmare. I would ask for a payment in compensation, but you know what, I don't even care. That being said, I think I'm gonna leave now."

Grim then walked out for his ship. Ank watched his ship blast off into the Hylakian sky. "Goodbye, space cowboy." he said while saluting him.

That's when he looked at Marin and Ash. His daughter had finally found the one for her - just him, Finn, and F-

"Oh shit." he said. "I forgot about Loboto."

Loboto then let out a screech of primal rage and jealousy.

Marin stopped making out with Ash and looked at Loboto. "What is it?!"

Loboto then took a deep breath. Then began hyperventilating. Finally, he said. "Okay so it is possible that there's a chance that maybe I kind of had a crush on Ash."

"That sounds like a problem." said Marin. "But it had to be unrequited. How old are you? 80?"

"About 20. I was made in a lab okay." Loboto had grown angry.

"You do not look good for 20. Or at all. All green and... like... what is with your eyes?"

"I AM A FAILED EXPERIMENT!" Loboto screeched. "Now please shut up."

"This is awkward." said Hydrium. "I think I preferred being mauled by that Mirik."

Ank stared at Hydrium.

"Ank. Any thoughts on the situation?" Hydrium asked Ank. " I have a feeling this concerns you a little bit."

"This could go by without a fight."

Loboto started panting. "I don't have the energy to fight. I really do not have the energy to fight right now."

"Well..." said Ank. "I have a three-way relationship. Why not just duplicate that!"

Everyone stared at Ank.

Loboto coughed. "See, the problem there is that I have no interest in Marin."

Marin then grabbed Loboto by the head. "I will crush you if you hurt a hair on Ash's head."

"Yeah honestly I kinda give up at this point." Loboto then yelped in pain as his brain realized that it was basically being jabbed. Marin very quickly let go of Loboto's head.

"King, there is no shame in defeat." said Hydrium. "Only in letting defeat bring you down."

"I'm still apprehensive of this. He sees Marin coming down the hallway and we could end up with either a corpse or a completely singed Vanguard plus a burned corpse. That is if he's lying about giving up."

"Doesn't really seem like something he'd do. If anything, all of you are more likely to do that than Loboto." A tone of anger then flexed into Hydrium's voice. "I'm more likely to do that than Loboto! One day I'll probably be tired of becoming the 'mere janitor' whenever someone needs to unclog the toilets."

Ank looked at Hydrium with a disappointed look. "I mean Loboto isn't exactly the most normal of people. He has an entire drawer full of teeth. I also remember having four fangs instead of three."

Loboto then coughed again. "Listen, I really just want to put this all behind us because I know letting this get in the way of my morals will only end in disaster, so... Truce?"

"Alright." said Ash.

Loboto then began violently coughing.

Finn then stumbled into the pyramid. It was obvious that he was completely trashed - every step he took was more of a stumble than a coordinated effort. "I.. I.. can see.. Stars..."

Finn then groaned and fell to the floor in a drunken stupor. He began to snore as Hydrium poked him. Hydrium then stood up and said "As a neutral third party, I will officiate the truce."

Finn's eyes opened up. "Have you finally ended the war?" he said, his breath smelling of cheap alcohol.

"Yes Finn, yes I have. After all this time, there is peace. Jonathan has been defeated."

Finn then began loudly snoring as he fell asleep again.

Hydrium then looked around - seeing that the room was still filled with Mirik. "You might want to leave the pyramid before doing that." Finn remained fast asleep. "Or not."

Ank then began poking a Mirik. "I think that they're all in shock. Most of them must have been drones. Probably only kept alive by the infection. That or Sleedster stunned them.". Ank then looked into the eyes of the Mirik he was poking. "Poor thing. At some point it might have been human. Or Ghelian. Or Vynoralan. Or even a Gallifreyan."

Ank then turned from the Mirik. "This entire pyramid is now basically just a massive paperweight. The prisoner it was meant to hold killed itself. We could probably sell this place."

Hydrium looked around the pyramid one last time as he walked out of it. "Might be best just to seal this place."

"You're probably right." said Ank - dragging Finn alongside him.

"I'll be right back." said Phage as he descended into the floor. "I'm going to go find that asshole M'ha'oth that stole my wallet and my packet of pharmaceuticals." With that, Phage finally descended.

"We did good... Yeah... We did good..." Finn drunkenly babbled as he was dragged into the Vanguard. As Ank put Finn into their shared bed - right next to Fel - the Vanguard left the Sarran atmosphere.

I suppose Finn is right. Saving the universe is "doing good." for most people after all.

Finis.