Chapter 3

Mumbai

Manik was sitting down in a corner with his guitar on his lap and a paper on top of it as he scribbled some lines on them.

He heard a shutter and looked up to see Cabir having a camera with him.

"Cabir", Manik said annoyed and Cabir rolled his eyes.

"We have been practicing for the last 4 hours and you still are busy writing songs. Take a break.", Cabir said encouraging him.

"I have some things in mind and I need to write them down. So let me focus.", Manik said trying to focus on his music before frowning as he made a ball out of the paper and threw it at Cabir.

"What the hell?", Cabir asked surprised.

Manik ignored him as he walked to the small freezer inside the studio and took out a beer can.

"Manik you need to chill bro. You are taking a lot of stress. Why don't you distract yourself? You said you want a serious girlfriend so go on dates and hang out with girls. You don't expect to find one without doing anything, do you?", Mukti asked as she sat down beside Cabir, leaning on him.

"I hope it was that easy. I don't want a scandal by being spotted around with so many girls on dates.", Manik said and they all frowned knowing how bad it will turn out.

"Do you want me to introduce some of my friends to you?", Alya asked and Manik immediately nodded no.

They were very pretty and not that bad but they weren't his type.

"What about Stella? She's young, gorgeous and she is from the same industry. Fans will love you guys together too. When we connected over the video call, she looked interested.", Dhruv said and everyone nodded agreeing with him.

"I am not sure.", Manik said hesitating a little.

"You won't know until you try, Just send her a text, make a conversation.", Cabir said and Manik looked at all of them before sighing as he took out his phone and typed a text to her.

Manik's phone pinged immediately and they all were surprised as Manik replied her back,

"Did we make a mistake?", Dhruv asked and Cabir nodded as they watched Manik sitting nearby the windows texting her for an hour now.

"Hush. Look at him, he is smiling and looks so excited.", Mukti said and they nodded agreeing with it.

"It's been long since I saw him like that while talking to a girl.", Alya said and others frowned thinking about some memories from the past.

"Hey lovebirds, if you are done can we practice now?", Mukti asked amused looking at Nandini and Manik romancing, sitting together.

"Let them be, it's been a while since they spend time properly.", Alya said watching them in awe.

"They have all night to show their love. Manik, come here, We need to practice. We have an important event.", Cabir said and Manik frowned as Nandini tried to get up and pulled her in a hug as he started tickling her making her laugh.

"You are asking the wrong person. Nandini we have only 3 hours to practice before the event. We will have big producers and agencies coming in today.", Dhruv said and immediately Nandini was pulling Manik to go and practice.

Dhruv gave them a smug look as Manik walked near them and glared at him.

"Manik if you practice nicely and perform well, I will stay with you and attend the party with you too.", Nandini offered and his eyes brighten as he picked up his guitar and took his position.