My Turn

FLASH

            My time is finally here. I smiled as I put my favorite dress on. I looked in the mirror. My mousey, brown hair fell slightly past my shoulders, looking normal. Tsk Tsk. That just won’t do. This is my big day. I pulled all of my hair to the top of my head. Then twisting, pulling and folding in a few places, I made a bun. Now I looked like Maria. No I looked better than Maria. I smiled. My teeth showing. Then I headed toward the basement.

FLASH                                                                        

            I got downstairs and stood in front of my ungrateful parents. I slapped them. Hard. They didn’t pop up. But they did move. I saw them slightly open their eyes. They better live to see me die. Then I heard a door slam. Maria was home.

“Family! I’m back!” She called.

I kicked the wall. Hard. I felt the blood start pooling in my flats. Its finally my big moment and of course Maria comes. TAP TAP TAP Maria’s heels made her way down. She reached the bottom and took in the scene before her, with an easy scan of the room. She smiles, her evil smile The sharp teeth looking yellow in the bad lighting.

“Nicole, would you like some help?”

She took a step toward me. I was frozen. I couldn’t move. Even if I could, I wouldn’t. There was a small pool around my flats now. And judging by the shape of my flats, bone was sticking out. I looked at my parents and saw their larger pool of blood run together with mine. This whole floor will be red. I like red. I look at Maria, who has now moved right in front of me. She reached out and touched me. She was warm. Of course she was. Suddenly as if her touch freed me, I could move. She leaded me toward my box. Her smile still eerily on her face. She helped me step up onto the brown box. My shoes leaving prints on the box. She hooked the rope around the clothes took at the top and the noose around my neck.

“Thank you.” I said. Showing no expression.

“Anything to help you Nicole.”

Her smile seemed to grow bigger. I looked at my parents.

“Wake them up.” I commanded.

Maria, walked over to my parents, the bottom of her heels turning red. She slapped them. They didn’t move. Not even on impact.

“WAKE UP!” I screamed “ITS MY TURN!”

Maria took a step back and my parent’s looked at me, out of the top of their eyes. I stood up straight and then kicked the crate aside.

BLINK

Maria stood their smiling her creepy smile. My mom looked like she was trying to say something, her mouth was chin was moving and she was groaning. My father looked down.

BLINK

Maria wasn’t there but my mom was still struggling. It looked like tears were going down her face but that couldn't happen. My dad didn’t move

BLINK

Maria was on the opposite side of the room, smiling.

BLINK

Maria wasn’t there. Mom had stopped moving. Dad didn’t move

FLASH