Chapter 18

Arganus flinched as he was thrown into the ground.
"You idiots defied me!" Arganus looked over to Deimos, who shrugged. The figure picked Deimos up. "And you, my own brother, too?"
Deimos raised his hands. "No, Probos, come on, we were just having a little fun." He grinned. Probos tightened his glare. The mist demon floated out from behind Arganus, his mist production almost completely subsided.
"Latus, you're supposed to be the smartest!" Probos shouted.
Latus furrowed his brow, even though no eyes were on his face. "Sorry, boss. The triton was all alone. I knew I could take him, but his friends showed up. No way I was taking them all down."
Probos groaned and covered his eyes with his hands. "Why can't you be more like Rodanius?" Rodanius looked up, cocking his head to the side. He looked strange sitting in a chair with his massive build. He turned his attention back to the table, where he placed a card down. The demon across from him stood and slammed his stingers onto the table.
"How?!" He shouted. He pointed at Probos. "Also, why don't you want them to be like me, huh?"
Probos sighed. "Asmodeus, the one who has anger issues? Yes, I want all my troops to be like that. And for His lord almighty's sake, has anyone seen Tyrannus?!" Everyone shook their heads. Probos slammed his fist into the wall of the dark room.
Arganus jumped. "Look Probos, we've almost completed the orb, what are we supposed to do while we wait?"
Probos shook his head. "Everyone is to stay here until I instruct otherwise, and when Tyrannus shows up, someone tell me!" He stormed out of the room.
Arganus flapped over to the table where Asmodeus and Rodanius were playing cards. "Deal me in." He said. Rodanius nodded and pointed to Latus, making a grunt noise.
Latus floated over and extended a small strand of mist. "Alright, I'll play."
Deimos strutted over. "Let's go." He said, leaning against the table. Rodanius spread the cards around the table and the game began.

Ethan and Alexander walked into the throne room.
The king sighed. "Where is Elliot?" The king asked.
Ethan smiled. "Well, sir, Elliot decided he'd stay with The Bounty to watch them, maybe get closer to them." Alexander nodded.
The king placed his fingers to the bridge of his nose. "No doubt they'll corrupt him. You have left him to the wrong path." Ethan and Alexander looked at one another.
"Let's just see how this all plays out, shall we?" James strutted into the room. He placed his hands on Ethan and Alexander's shoulders. They each looked into his eyes, stopping for a moment to think. Together, they smiled.
"We will be ready whenever The Bounty attacks, I assure you, sir."
"If I may interject." Christopher announced. Everyone looked over to him. "I say we should find The Bounty and crush them while they're putting themselves together."
The king nodded. "I like this idea." He said.
James walked speedily over to him, clasping his hand. "Sir, sending our troops out toward the most powerful men in the country would be foolish. We should wait for them to come here."
The king nodded. "Absolutely. James is correct. We will prepare our defenses for when The Bounty attacks."
Christopher frowned. "How do we know they will attack?" He asked.
James smiled. "You see, our fortune tellers have led us to believe that The Dragon's Bounty are preparing their forces for a grand attack." Christopher decided it would be better to nod and stay silent. James smiled. "Now, sir, what should we do?"
"How is the special project going?" The king asked.
James nodded. "Our surveillance is going well. I should have a message from him later today."
The king nodded. "Very good."
"May I ask what this special project is?" Christopher asked, hoping this time for an answer.
The king and James glared at him. "That information is classified. I cannot tell you at this time." The king said. Christopher nodded and hid his distrust. "Everyone is dismissed." The king said, waving his hand. Everyone nodded and obliged.