Chapter 22

The demons all split up into different parts of the city.
"Split up!" Khan shouted, following the biggest one. He blasted himself up to the roofs and began sprinting across the rooftops. He spotted Rodanius, waiting for him. Khan jumped over and stared him in the face. He fell into an offensive stance. "I'm guessing you're not going to be so easy to beat, huh, buddy?" He asked. Rodanius simply grunted. Khan nodded. "Well, then, let's dance, big guy!" Rodanius lunged at him, but Khan was quick. He launched himself out of the way and into the air. Rodanius jumped backward and slammed into Khan with his arched back. Khan began tumbling backward. "You're smarter than you look." He said, shaking his head before landing back on a rooftop. He looked down at the citizens staring at him in fear, some in hate. He narrowed his brow and told himself he wouldn't think about it. While he was distracted, Rodanius punched him in the chest, sending him flying backward. He crashed into another roof and saw Rodanius coming down from above. He launched himself out of the way and boosted off the roof to punch Rodanius in the gut, sending them back up a few feet for Khan to slam him into the ground. The citizens moved away from the demon as he rose to his feet. Khan landed in front of him and punched him in the face, sending him into a nearby wall. "Ooh, sorry. My bad." Khan told one of the people around him. Rodanius roared and charged out of the house, tackling Khan into another house, completely barreling through both walls. Rodanius lifted Khan up and smashed him into the ground. Khan groaned. "That hurt." He said, little breath exiting his mouth. Rodanius roared into his face, which was strange, considering he didn't have a mouth. Khan glared at him. "Well if you wanna be rude about it." He said, head butting Rodanius, who stumbled backward a bit. Khan vaulted up to his feet, bouncing on his heels. "You ready to keep going?" He asked with a smile. Rodanius simply punched him in the chest, sending him flying backward. Khan jumped up again. "Aw, come on, that's no fair!" He shouted. He launched himself forward and sent an electric fist into Rodanius' chest. Rodanius flew back farther than he'd anticipated. He shook his head and charged back over to Khan, hitting him with an uppercut and launching him into the castle wall. Rodanius launched himself up to Khan, slamming him further into the castle. He landed next to the king, who stood stoically. Khan waved his hand in front of his face. "Weird." He said. He heard Rodanius enter the room he was in. He cracked his neck and held up his fists. Khan looked down at himself, noticing he had taken a little damage, and that Rodanius hadn't taken any. "Well, I guess I can't handle you on my own, huh?" He rushed forward and slammed his shoulder into Rodanius, sending him back to the ground. Khan held his hand out toward the sky. "Come forth, Fernokanus!" Lightning struck his hand, shaping itself into Khan's spirit sword, Fernokanus. Khan spun his sword around in his hand. "It's been a while, old friend." He said. He spotted Rodanius down below. He popped his knuckles and jumped down, lightning surging around his body and blade. Sparks flew from his body, making a trail behind him as he fell. He pulled back his fist and slammed it into Rodanius' face. Rodanius flew backward several feet and crashed into a house. Khan jumped forward and fired a lightning bolt at him, causing him to jitter a bit before getting up and shaking his head. Khan swung his sword a few times at Rodanius, but wasn't able to pierce his skin. "Guess I need a few more hits, huh?" He asked. He launched himself forward and began pummeling Rodanius with incredible speed, his sword planted in the matching scabbard that now floated behind him. His final hit was an uppercut to Rodanius' chin, sending him up in the air. Khan launched himself up after Rodanius. He flew up to where Rodanius had ended up and pulled back his fist. But before he could attack, a chain wrapped around him and threw him to the ground. Khan noticed that Rodanius' gauntlets had shrunk drastically. "So you make chains, huh?" He asked, shattering the chain. Rodanius slammed into Khan and hit him with strike after strike. He grabbed the hilt of Khan's sword and threw it across the street, causing Khan to lose his god-like prowess. "Not good." Khan said as he was picked up by the shoulders. A chain coiled around his neck and he felt Rodanius tugging at both ends. Losing consciousness, Khan thought quickly. His eyes turned a bright glowing cyan as lightning jumped from them, and he let out a shout. A storm cloud formed above him, throwing down a massive lightning bolt, shattering the chains and launching Rodanius backward. Khan picked up his sword and his full strength returned. "Oh, it's on." He said. He jumped up and slashed at Rodanius with all his might, still not doing much damage. He jumped back and sent a charged uppercut into Rodanius' chin, once again sending him into the air. Khan launched himself up again, this time hanging back. His eyes charged up with lightning again. "Divine Smite!" He shouted, pointing his sword at Rodanius. The storm cloud threw down the biggest lightning bolt anyone had ever seen. Rodanius flew toward the ground, a grunt escaping from where his mouth would be. He slammed into the ground, clearly dazed. Khan sped toward him, sword raised. Right before landing, he thrust his sword down, impaling Rodanius in the chest. Rodanius roared in pain as he felt the lightning running through his veins. He looked up at Khan, who's smile had long faded. He knew he was defeated. Khan pulled the sword from the demon and watched as he faded away. He breathed heavily and looked around. "I hope the others are doing alright." He knelt down and planted his sword in the ground. "I need a breather."