I missed you

11 months. 12 days. 20 hours. That's how many days Eddie has been gone.
Everyone else had coped and moved forward. Still missing him like crazy since the upside down experience. They had defeated Vecna, Eddie bravely lost his life in the process. Everyone else. Steve had not. He still sobbed himself to sleep every night. Eddie and him had well made out a couple times before he died.

There had always been tension between the two. Steve loved him. He didn't know if Eddie knew that. He would give anything just to hold him close again. He dreaded getting up morning. Having to go on with another day without Eddie.

_________________________________________

Fuck. Steve rolled his shoulders when he got up that morning. His eyes still puffy from crying again last night. He had gotten his own apartment. Wanted to be alone. Alone with Eddie. He got dressed and headed to his miserable Eddie-less job. In this miserable Eddie-less town. The day couldn't have gone by any slower. When he got home, he showerd and sulked for a bit on his bed.

He went to the kitchen and ate a bowl of cereal for dinner, while watching TV. He cleaned up a bit and brushed his teeth. He was getting ready to head to bed and cry for 2 hours over Eddie. He sat on his bed and ran his hands through his hair. His head down, eyes shut, he let out a pained sigh.

"Whats wrong Big boy?"
Steve jumped. His head whipped up. A dark figure stood in the corner of his room. His heart pounded. But that voice. That voice sounded so familiar. No. I couldn't be. "W-what?" Steve shuddered. The figure stepped out of the dark corner and into the dim light.

Steve's heart dropped. His stomach flipped. He wasn't breathing. A tall, lean man, with long dark hair tied back in a low bun. He was wearing a white T-shirt and black jeans. It was.... it was Eddie. Steve thought he was dreaming or hallucinating. Eddie was dead. Right?

Eddie grinned and flashed the sharp teeth pointing from his upper jaw. "E-eddie?" Steve mumbled. "Hey Stevie" he shoved his hands in his pockets. Steve sharply inhaled. "But you're dead. I-i watched you die. I held you in my arms." Steve was still in utter disbelief. "I know I know, but you know. Things change." Eddie brushed it off.

"What does that mean?" Steve questioned. "Well now I'm a Cock Sucker AND A Blood Sucker." He said it so relaxed. "So you are a... vampire?" Steve still couldn't fathom what was going on. "You bet." Eddie breathed.
"How?"
"Well I was trapped in the upside down for almost a year and I finally got out. With a price." Eddie shrugged. Steve just gulped. "Did ya miss me?" Eddie teased.
Steve chuckled. "A lot." Eddie grinned at his response.

They stood there in silence for a moment. They had blindly moved closer together and didn't even notice until Steve fell into Eddie arms, just pulling him close. Eddie squeezed him tight. Steve felt the prick of tears in his eyes and buried his face in Eddie's shoulder. His chest heaved and he let out a loud sob.

He heard Eddie sharply inhale before tears were pouring down both of there faces. They had lowered down to there knees and then on the floor. Steve sat on Eddie's lap with his arms and legs still wrapped around him. Steve was sobbing loudly into Eddie's shoulder. The fabric of Eddie's shirt muffled the sound.

Tears just slid down Eddie's cheek while he held Steve close and slowly rocked them side to side. He rubbed Steve's back while he cried, just comforting him. Steves cries began to quiet down, he lifted his face some to where his chin was resting on Eddie's shoulder. He huffed, trying to catch his breath and tried to focus on breathing for a moment.

He calmed himself down and pulled away to look at Eddie. "I missed you so much." Steve breathed. "I missed you too Stevie." Eddie's voice broke a little. Steve pulled Eddie in for a soft kiss. Before he tucked his head back into the crook of Eddie's neck. He inhaled the scent of him. He wanted to smile but cry at the same time. "Is this a dream?" Steve mumbled. "Fortunately no, I'm really here Stevie." Eddie sighed.

When they stood up Eddie stepped back and paused. "Is that my shirt?"
Steve went a little red. "W-well yes. After you died Dustin and I went back to your place and he wanted some things. I told him I wasn't gonna take anything but I went back and took a lot." Steve's hand rubbed the back of his neck and he glanced at the floor.

Eddie chuckled softly and pulled Steve over to the bed. Eddie took off his shoes, shirt, and pants to wear he was in nothing but his boxers. Steve removed his shirt to where he was also in the just his boxers. They layed down and just tangled up together. Steve actually for the first time in a really long time, slept good. Eddie stayed very still throughout the whole night.

When Steve woke up Eddie was still there. Steve's head was on Eddie's chest, he turned his head to look up at him. "How long have you been up?" Steve yawned. "I don't sleep darling." Eddie smiled softly at him. "Oh" Steve layed his head back on Eddie. He traced lines over Eddie's tattoos and just basked in the happiness and overwhelming sensation of Eddie.

To be continued.....