three is a crowd

There weren't only two, but three people in the house.

An unknown woman was sitting on a couch, her head hanging low, Clearly crying. She looked like she was in her late twenties.

A skinny man, in his late 30s, was standing in front of her, clutching his head in frustration. He turned around startled to see two strangers standing right in the doorway.

At last, I noticed Cara sitting on the floor beside the broken vase. She was doubled over, her face hidden behind her hair. She also looked up to see me and Nicole standing there, her cheeks were flushed. Strands of hair fell over her face adhering to her tear-stained cheeks.

I was so engrossed in looking at her sad eyes that I didn't notice her bleeding hand until Nicole cried and ran towards her.

'Cara!' Nicole was beside her in a flash. 'What- Oh my god! you are bleeding! And indeed she was, her palm was red.

Cara was staring at Nicole wondering where we come from.

I knew the guy has something to do with all of this and I wanted to snap his skinny neck like chopsticks.
Instead, I quickly got out of the house and told Nicole to get Cara out of there.

I went outside to bring my car while Nicole helped Cara.

Soon, we were at the nearby clinic.

'You wouldn't need any stitches, these bandages will be enough' the young doctor spoke calmly.

'How did it happen, though?'

'I fell over a broken vase' Cara's voice was hoarse. She looked exhausted from all the crying.

At that moment I wished we were something more than friends.

Oh, what would I have given to be able to tightly wrap her into my arms...She looked so broken...I wanted to hug her, maybe pat her head a little, and tell her it was going to be alright.

The way Nicole was doing right now.

I was beyond frustrated with Cara as she wasn't telling me how exactly she knew the guy, and how she ended up getting injured. I had so many questions and I was asking all of them. She refused to say much.

Strangely Nicole was contented with Cara's one-liners.