CHAPTER 12

"Cao Zhi, did you already make sure that Nianian has already arrived at her master's place?"

"Yes, your majesty. Her sect leader told me that her master had already sent a letter of her arrival. Also, their sect leader sent Miss Lu Xi as a temporary substitute for Nianian."

"Aiya, I can't believe I'll be a substitute for that woman."

He looked at the woman behind Cao Zhi who he heard talking. Cao Zhi immediately looked at the woman. "Shh, manners." He said before he looked at him. "Your majesty, the sect leader told me that Miss Lu Xi is both good in literacy and martial arts. He also specified that she is a kind, lovely and virtuous woman."

"I'm not."

"I know, you're not. Your father just wanted to show the world that you are a good woman, so don't spoil his wish even though it is far from reality." Cao Zhi said to Miss Lu Xi, making him shake his head.

"You!"

"What? You want to fight with me again? Don't worry, I am always ready whenever you want to take back your dignity when you lose to me that day."

"Hmp! Conceited boy! I won't fight you because you're not on my level."

He cleared his throat making the two stop bickering and looked at him. "Are you two bickering or just flirting in front of me?"

Cao Zhi made a disgusting face. "Your majesty, please stop kidding. This woman is not my type of woman. I want a woman who is good at cooking, virtuous, kind-hearted, speaks in a soft manner, good at kids and elders and most especially, good at managing the house."

Miss Lu Xi laughed at what Cao Zhi said. "What? Are you marrying a woman to be a maid?"

Cao Zhi looked at Miss Lu Xi. "No, what I mean is, that woman is not you!"

That's when Miss Lu Xi rolled her eyes. "Same to you! I want to marry a man who has a strong and hard body, good looking, can read and write poems, and is good at combat. In short, it's not you!"

Cao Zhi laughed mockingly. "Then go find a man in the brothel, crazy woman!"

"Conceited!"

"Warfreak!"

He sighed and massaged his temple. "You two, enough. Miss Lu Xi, do you want me to prepare a room for you? You can rest there whenever you are tired."

"That's nice of you, your majesty, unlike some man here who is fighting with a woman. But, it's just a week and I'll go back to our sect then, maybe I can just take a rest outside your palace when you are sleeping."

"That won't do. Don't worry, I'll tell my Eunuch to make a room for you."

"Then, thank you, your majesty." She said, "Also, have you heard? Gao Hong—"

He cut her off. "Gao Hong? Why are you calling her that and not her Martial name?"

"Well, I'm already used to calling her Gao Hong because she also doesn't stop me from calling her that. Anyways, I saw the letter of Gao Hong's master to my father and read that while she was going to her master's place, someone tried to assassinate her. Good thing her master was there to save her on time or she'll be wounded again."

He got worried on what he heard. "Then, does Nianian okay? Did she safely arrive at her master's place?"

"Yes, of course. Her master is good at martial arts so they safely get out of that trouble. But—"

"You are worried about her, right? Okay, Cao Zhi, go and get the carriage ready. We'll go and visit Nianian."

Miss Lu Xi looked at him, confused. "Ha? That's not what I am about to say."