Chapter 2

I was vaguely aware of someone pulling me out of the water. Someone with strong arms. Someone graceful in the water.someone who made swift movements in the water. It's okay, you'll be alright" said the stranger. I felt like I recognized the voice as if I heard it almost every day. I felt myself being dragged on to sand.

"Your okay" " your okay" said a frantic womens voice. A very familiar voice. I blacked out again.

*cough* * cough* I coughed as water splashed against my face. Wha? I tried opening my eyes but a bright light blinded me. I lifted my hands to block the light. "Honey, are you okay" what? I tried getting up. "Don't get up honey" "just relax" "what happened" I asked " nothing to worry about, you were just in the middle of you transformation.

Wait... How did you find me. Well said dad at first we let you go so that you could have some time to think but then you did not come home for a long time so we started to worry about you and figured that after hearing us you would go to the beach to find out if we were lying or not.

Am I that predictable! I asked. Mom laughed. Anyway, what happened to me? I asked as I got up. *falls down* what? I looked at my legs. Wha- how- this can't be real-is this a joke. In the place where my legs used to be was now a long turquise tail!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I screamed. What happened!? Why do I have a tail!? Make it go away! This can't be happening! How do I stop it! What's wrong with me! Ahhhhhhh! I started to freak out, I couldn't help it. Mom put her hand on my shaking shoulder. "Calm down sweety it's okay" I stopped yelling but I kept on shaking. What happened? I whispered. You transformed into a mermaid when you went into the water" explained dad. But...but...how- I mean this.....it's okay said mom dont worry you'll transform back into your legs in a few minutes. How did this happen I asked - ahhhhh! The same sharp pain traveled through my "legs" ahhhhh! Why does this hurt so much!? I screamed in agony. I started felling dizzy. " hang in there Myrna" said mom rubbing my arm.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I screamed one sat time before I saw my legs again.

"We're so sorry" said mom and dad.

What do you mean I asked. This. Isn't your fault is it?

"You see sweetie; the older you are the first time you transform the more it hurts.

"What!"

" so I have to go through this everytime I change!?"

"No! It's just the first time you change after that it doesn't hurt at all"

Why is this happening to me?

__________________________________

So she's a mermaid now!

How is she going to handle it?

If you have any ideas please let me know!

Comment.

Vote.

Like.